How often do you have an inhumane dispatch?

ManInBrown

I see some guys leaving the building between 4:30-5pm at my hub. Only about 5 guys typically though. Then from 5:30-6:30 the majority is leaving. And of course about 10 guys out between 7-8pm depending on volume and what day of the week.
I'm always amazed when I see posts like this. Do we work for the same company? I would say more than half the drivers in my center get back after 7:30. Another 25% after 8:15

CanGuy

I'm always amazed when I see posts like this. Do we work for the same company? I would say more than half the drivers in my center get back after 7:30. Another 25% after 8:15

We have 4 back everyday at 5 (3 do eams), then from 5-630 90% of the drivers get back.. Everyone is always off road by 7:15

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

We have 4 back everyday at 5 (3 do eams), then from 5-630 90% of the drivers get back.. Everyone is always off road by 7:15
Wow. Jealous. Our place in texas is a cluster:censored2:

Last edited by a moderator:

WorknLateHuh

I miss 7:30 start times. Now, at my new center it is after 9am. Getting back at 8:00-8:30pm is avg. So discouraging. I am going to have to go into mgt.o_O

JackStraw

What really hurts is when they pull it it out with sharp edges as your driving out of the building and see all the RLO guys standing around waiting to go home.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I miss 7:30 start times. Now, at my new center it is after 9am. Getting back at 8:00-8:30pm is avg. So discouraging. I am going to have to go into mgt.o_O
Our center is 8:00, but starting in march they are gonna have all extended routes start at 10:00 to avoid shuttling air. It's a big change :(

Cman84

So you are out delivering at 9:00 - 9:30 regularly? UPS is so far beyond realistic.

They would put drivers out delivering at 2am if there was no bad press or complaints.
8:36 is a 9.5 so you can guarantee twice a week im out past that.i punched out at 10:30 wednesday. My supervisors do not care as long as im not over 12. I am going to ask my customers to start calling in complaints, but they are scared that it will get me in trouble.Ive been on the route for four years.my customers are not happy that late at night but they have grown accustomed to it.im hoping with the retirements coming up that i can bid back to the building.

rickyb

in·hu·mane
ˌin(h)yo͞oˈmān/
adjective
  1. Without compassion, for misery or suffering; cruel.
do you think if the workers could elect who had the dispatch job that they would keep them or fire them?

dont you think it makes sense that workers have more voting power at their jobs so we have good people to work with?