How should company fix peak problems?

ups1990

The member who wrote post #56 was spot on!

UPS has come out and said that ORION will be the companies savior. This groundbreaking technology will reduce driver miles and thus save our precious resources and correct me if I'm wrong, in a recent corporate press release it said it might even help with peak!
Did any of you guys sit through your center manager's state of the center address last month? I did. He outlined a number of things, specifically last peaks PR nightmare. UPS wants to win back the publics trust, and how will corporate go about it? Take a guess. Yup, me and you!
Atlanta, thinks that by continuing to go after drivers not meeting Orion's 85% standard as well as driver appearance and a myriad of other performance and service levels, the public will forgive us.
If we rewind to last December, we saw and read how both Amazon and UPS were blaming each other for fumbling promises. UPS was never going to make full refunds but its all a PR stunt to go after drivers harder and with more consistency, by default it was us who were to blame for a bad peak.

OPTION3

UPS has come out and said that ORION will be the companies savior. This groundbreaking technology will reduce driver miles and thus save our precious resources and correct me if I'm wrong, in a recent corporate press release it said it might even help with peak!
Did any of you guys sit through your center manager's state of the center address last month? I did. He outlined a number of things, specifically last peaks PR nightmare. UPS wants to win back the publics trust, and how will corporate go about it? Take a guess. Yup, me and you!
Atlanta, thinks that by continuing to go after drivers not meeting Orion's 85% standard as well as driver appearance and a myriad of other performance and service levels, the public will forgive us.
If we rewind to last December, we saw and read how both Amazon and UPS were blaming each other for fumbling promises. UPS was never going to make full refunds but its all a PR stunt to go after drivers harder and with more consistency, by default it was us who were to blame for a bad peak.
Head-in -the-sand mentality

Rainman

Its all good.

As far as driver appearance goes, how can we look good when the uniform budget won't allow us to get replacement uniforms for the worn out stuff we are wearing.

Yep, Its all, Ives fault!....working as directed....and all the weather and late freight....is my fault!.....sorry

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I knew it was a matter of time when the debacle of peak 2013 would be blamed on the drivers. I guess if I had polished my shoes more it would have been all sunshine and unicorns.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Want to fix the problem? Impose service cutoffs. Ship after this day and it won't get there.

Of course, they won't do this and cut off all that air profit. I expect the same to happen next year as people never learn.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree with the service cutoff but would change the word "won't" to "may not".

We need to increase capacity, if only on a temporary basis; however, increasing capacity does little when we are processing the increased volume through outdated facilities.

We will not see a repeat of 2013.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I get the feeling that next year will be much worse. UPS has a bad habit of not learning from their mistakes. All they will do is come up with some clever acronyms and blame the drivers.

upschuck

All of our uniform orders are filled within a week.
Can your OMS order me some? Been waiting for 8 months for some SS shirts, and 2months for some pants. DM even told the OMS to order me the shirts to no avail. Always told that they are ordered, waiting to come in.

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
I remember one peak(dont know what year, i am old) we where so backed up we had every UPS employee delivering pkgs! Didnt matter who you where sales people, office people,the guy that cleans the urinals out in there personal vehicles delivering what we sell..... This did not happened this year when it should have!We failed as a company this peak and the blame should be on the top dogs!Alot of kids will be disappointed this Christmas morn as well as old people who might have been waiting for that one present from a far away relative!
The alternative, of course, is to not mail your package on xmas eve and expect it to be there on xmas. But that requires a few more brain cells than the average member of the public possesses.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Can your OMS order me some? Been waiting for 8 months for some SS shirts, and 2months for some pants. DM even told the OMS to order me the shirts to no avail. Always told that they are ordered, waiting to come in.
File on this. I believe there is language in the contract that the company must give you uniforms.