How should I leave UPS

rod

Retired 22 years
A lot of companies set you free as soon as you mention 2 week notice. They figure you probably aren't going to be busting your hump anyway and will probably end up being more of a distraction to others than what you are worth.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Give your two weeks, but if you wouldn't mind leaving early make it known. This time of year people are getting laid off. If I have a guy who wants to leave as soon as possible and another guy who wants to work, I will get the laid of guy in and tell the guy leaving he doesn't have to fulfill the two weeks if he doesn't want to.

Would you really bring in the laid off driver or would you let the guy leave and then do the work yourself so you wouldn't have to have another body on the payroll and use yourself to increase your numbers on your smaller staff?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Would you really bring in the laid off driver or would you let the guy leave and then do the work yourself so you wouldn't have to have another body on the payroll and use yourself to increase your numbers on your smaller staff?
I'm doing 3 annual rides a week. I don't have the ability to be at two places at once. Take a guy off of layoff and put him on road. I'm not desperate to make my numbers.

BigSlim

I'd tell them about your wishes to leave. 2 weeks' notice is the customary and proper thing to do. Some employers (where my wife works is an example) doesn't want employees who are going to leave to hang around for fear of sabotage or possible theft of proprietary information. They walk you to the door immediately.
Same here. Spent 13 years at my last company, typed up a nice two week's notice letter and handed it to my boss.

Five minutes later someone from HR showed up at my desk with my final paycheck and asked me to leave.

tacken

You will give your notice they will tell you no thanks leave. Ask them if they will be putting a yes or no on your rehire status. Just incase you need to come back. Then dance out of the office

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You will give your notice they will tell you no thanks leave. Ask them if they will be putting a yes or no on your rehire status. Just incase you need to come back. Then dance out of the office

Suppose he is counting on those two weeks' income. Should he do the right thing and risk being asked to leave early or should he work up to the last day and tell them on his way out the door?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Th
How should I leave ups in the most respectful way as a package handler.
should I put in my 2 weeks. (if possible with UPS)
Call HR and let them know, I will no longer be working with them.
Or just don't show up anymore?
Thru the overhead door !!!
Lol