How was your friday?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
:censored2: that. Want some dirty scumbag in your car?
Funny you should say that, was being dropped off at the airport last week, an Uber driver comes rolling up, passenger gets out with what looked like Chinese Egg Drop soup. The bag it was in was leaking all over the place as she got out. The Uber driver popped his trunk to get her luggage out and grabbed a roll of paper towels. The passenger just grabbed her luggage and left, knowing all along the soup was leaking and tossed it in the middle of the road where cars were dropping people off. He then tries to start wiping it up and an ATL airport officer told him he had to move his vehicle (they are super strict about kiss and go at departure doors). He slams his door in disgust and drives off.

Screw all that.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I don’t live in pittspuke. I live in a nice community, no “dirty scumbags” in area I would be in.
Problem is you don’t know where the destination is at. Drivers aren’t given that information before pickup is confirmed. It could be some rich :censored2: wanting to get his crack from some thug neighborhood.

Funny you should say that, was being dropped off at the airport last week, an Uber driver comes rolling up, passenger gets out with what looked like Chinese Egg Drop soup. The bag it was in was leaking all over the place as she got out. The Uber driver popped his trunk to get her luggage out and grabbed a roll of paper towels. The passenger just grabbed her luggage and left, knowing all along the soup was leaking and tossed it in the middle of the road where cars were dropping people off. He then tries to start wiping it up and an ATL airport officer told him he had to move his vehicle (they are super strict about kiss and go at departure doors). He slams his door in disgust and drives off.

Screw all that.
Im sure their are many more similar stories

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Im sure their are many more similar stories
I actually know a former employee the drives for both Lyft and Uber. He says he doesn’t make near the money after factoring in taxes, maintenance, and downtime that he did at a UPS, even in progression. He says the biggest thing he failed to calculate is all the bull:censored2: between dropping off people in an area and then deciding if you wanna take people from that area to another.

He says it get progressively worse as the night goes on in the areas he is in for pickups. Eventually he just drives back to his starting area to pick the drunks up from the high end bars. Problem with that, if a passenger gets in your car and smells alcohol (from the previous passenger) they can report you and get you temporarily banned from Uber/Lyft under suspicion of DUI.

I actually know a former employee the drives for both Lyft and Uber. He says he doesn’t make near the money after factoring in taxes, maintenance, and downtime that he did at a UPS, even in progression. He says the biggest thing he failed to calculate is all the bull:censored2: between dropping off people in an area and then deciding if you wanna take people from that area to another.

He says it get progressively worse as the night goes on in the areas he is in for pickups. Eventually he just drives back to his starting area to pick the drunks up from the high end bars. Problem with that, if a passenger gets in your car and smells alcohol (from the previous passenger) they can report you and get you temporarily banned from Uber/Lyft under suspicion of DUI.
I'll just stick to delivering packages

Was he a virgin also?
l41lK4KlwYYYSSKFG.gif

oldupsman

I'm not sure, I think about leaving all the time now. After our total Hub meltdown last Peak, I'm seriously thinking about before the next Peak. UPS never seems to learn from its mistakes, poor planning seems to be standard operating procedure. This company doesn't care one bit about me, I don't see any reason to stick around as a favor for another one. They kept a Region Team in our Hub trying to straighten it out through April, they replaced Division management and everything. They rode with drivers and worked the Preload, I haven't seen any improvements. I could transfer to the new Atlanta SMART Hub to escape Forest Park, but the routes we are moving are nothing that would interest me. I really need to find something else to do to keep me busy.

I'm glad you're finally thinking about it Scratch. And now that it's in your head, it's going to stay there.
And one day, after a particular bad day, it's going to hit you like a ton of bricks and you're going to say
to yourself, "Why the bleep am I still here." And don't worry about finding something to keep you busy.
It will find you.