How's the view???........

oldngray

nowhere special
If the whole thing is cedar I feel sorry for him. Keeping it looking nice is next to impossible. I told my neighbor the next time he saw me working on my river front cedar deck it would be with a chainsaw cutting it down. I got tired of having to re-stain it every 2 or 3 years. My front of the house deck is plastic. Not as good looking as new cedar but I haven't had to touch it in 16 years.
Cedar looks nice for a couple of years. Then its a losing battle trying to maintain it.

Laguna Preload

4B4C4BF4-FEC5-41CC-95D8-B98A2593C084.jpeg

rod

Retired 22 years
Very nice! Congrats.
Nice looking place but I could never live where I could reach out the side of my house and touch my neighbors. I don't even care for it in the winter around here when all the leaves are off everything and I can see a little of my neighbors through the woods. I like my "SCREAMING" room.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Nice looking place but I could never live where I could reach out the side of my house and touch my neighbors. I don't even care for it in the winter around here when all the leaves are off everything and I can see a little of my neighbors through the woods. I like my "SCREAMING" room.
Its a retirement community, so the 2700' house is bigger than the yard. I had a 75 acre hay farm for ten years and my current house is on an acre in a cul-de-sac surrounded by woods. So I'm tired of cutting trees and limbs all the time. I will miss my private firing range. No more yard work, the HOA takes care of it.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'll be honest, I was starting to wonder if you were really gonna do it. Congrats Brother.
I followed my plan. I feel fine and was always wanting to work until I reached Social Security age. I should be able to easily live on pension and social security without touching investments. It was hard to pick a final date. I'm shooting for October 12. I will finish 45 years and get out before the official Peak Season starts.

rod

Retired 22 years
Its a retirement community, so the 2700' house is bigger than the yard. I had a 75 acre hay farm for ten years and my current house is on an acre in a cul-de-sac surrounded by woods. So I'm tired of cutting trees and limbs all the time. I will miss my private firing range. No more yard work, the HOA takes care of it.
You will completely love retirement and kick yourself for putting in all those extra years. ENJOY

rod

Retired 22 years
I followed my plan. I feel fine and was always wanting to work until I reached Social Security age. I should be able to easily live on pension and social security without touching investments. It was hard to pick a final date. I'm shooting for October 12. I will finish 45 years and get out before the official Peak Season starts.
The older I get the less I enjoy yard work myself. That is why my yard is slowly getting smaller :-)

rod

Retired 22 years
This is why I pay somebody to cut my grass.
I don't mind parking my fat ass on the garden tractor with a ice cold one and doing some mowing. Its the weed whipping and all the touch-up work around all the crap my wife thinks is cute in the yard that I hate. I've been known to "accidently" mow that crap over.