HR in on the screwing too

SmithBarney

I think the point being made is that they want to be on the clock first if someone at work wants their attention.

Correct, if it has to do with work, I'll talk on the clock. You want to tell me about your kids or your fishing, if its interesting I'll chat... otherwise I get paid to work.
I don't understand some of the people I work with they'll come in 30 minutes early(off the clock) clean the truck, pretrip, sit with managers talk about routes etc.. this is stuff you should be getting paid for! The plumber doesn't come to your house and give you a free hour of labor, they charge by the hour, and YOU PAY! We are no different. Stop giving away money!

StuffItFred

Correct, if it has to do with work, I'll talk on the clock. You want to tell me about your kids or your fishing, if its interesting I'll chat... otherwise I get paid to work.
I don't understand some of the people I work with they'll come in 30 minutes early(off the clock) clean the truck, pretrip, sit with managers talk about routes etc.. this is stuff you should be getting paid for! The plumber doesn't come to your house and give you a free hour of labor, they charge by the hour, and YOU PAY! We are no different. Stop giving away money!

^ x2

If anyone at Fedex comes in to work early and DOES anything work related off the clock they are a fool! I get a kick out of these clowns that come in and sit with the manager and have a coffee with them to talk about their previous day and the inbound volume for the day. Think about it, this dump is already getting basically work for free at the bullcrap wages they pay. Why give them anything else for free?

CJinx

I don't understand some of the people I work with they'll come in 30 minutes early(off the clock) clean the truck, pretrip, sit with managers talk about routes etc.. this is stuff you should be getting paid for!
^ x2
If anyone at Fedex comes in to work early and DOES anything work related off the clock they are a fool! I get a kick out of these clowns that come in and sit with the manager and have a coffee with them to talk about their previous day and the inbound volume for the day.?
This is also a huge liability issue too if someone were to get hurt while performing work tasks off the clock. Labor laws are almost always posted by the time clock or some other high-traffic high-visibility area; they make it explicitly clear that employees are to be paid for all hours worked. It may be in management's best interest to claim ignorance that someone is working off the clock, but if proof of it occuring got dumped in their lap than people can get written up for it.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I think the point being made is that they want to be on the clock first if someone at work wants their attention.

No duh.
I don't expect anyone to do any work off the clock.

But, if I say "Hey Fredly00, how was your time off"? Off the clock and Fredly ignores me, he makes my "list".

CJinx

No duh.
I don't expect anyone to do any work off the clock.

But, if I say "Hey Fredly00, how was your time off"? Off the clock and Fredly ignores me, he makes my "list".
Haha... I would hope they would at least say "hello" while continuing to make their way to the clock. :p
I would, at least. :)

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I dunno,
I work at a very small sta. and I've seen very large stas. (express) and I'm sure there's probably a whole lotta "drama". which, I don't go for.
At my sta. we all get along pretty good.

STFXG

This thread seems to imply express employees violate DOT laws by working off the clock. I thought that only happens at Ground?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Let me tell y'all about my adventures with FedEx HR. I am an over 25 year employee. I was a courier who topped out after two years, as was the norm then. I moved around a little and changed jobs a few times to go back to being a courier after being displaced. After ALL these years, because of being screwed by FedEx, I am making $5-6.00 LESS an hour than a topped out courier. Thank you FedEx for letting me know what I'm worth. Back to HR... So, after waiting MONTHS to get a straight answer from HR, after him basically telling me it is what it is because FedEx is following policy, he proceeds to tell me, "Look at the bright side, at least one day you know you're getting a pension. Some companies are doing away with pensions". ARE YOU FRICKING KIDDING ME!!!! He's going to justify me being cheated out of my pay NOW because I will one day get a pension that I EARNED!! If I wasn't a rational person, the truck I was driving would have been wrapped around a tree!!

So to you mid-range people who bitch (understandably so) about how senior couriers have it so good, you never know what is REALLY going on.

Last edited:

Sniper

HR is usually at my station only if a head is about to roll or some new and incredibly stupid plan is about to be rolled-out...like our new Healthcare Plan.

Obama care...and we are going to "pay" for it a year before the "Employer mandate" was waived. Which came first? The chicken or the egg?

Sniper

I dunno,
I work at a very small sta. and I've seen very large stas. (express) and I'm sure there's probably a whole lotta "drama". which, I don't go for.
At my sta. we all get along pretty good.

That is the reason I also love this forum, most days. More drama than face book and we all get paid to deliver packages. It is what it is.