Hub at Louisville, KY, Reward Offered...

Gadget

Let's see if I can help you...

Your pkg was scanned in Santa Cruz and placed in a Oakland Hub trailer.

Next physical scan shows arrival in Columbia, SC airpark where the pkg was linked to an air container "igloo".

The igloo was loaded aboard an AirBus destined for Louisville.

The AirBus arrived and was unloaded in Louisville.

The package was cleared electronically by British Customs, but shows no physical scan of leaving US Customs.

My thought is that it is still in the Customs area, and some government employee has not released it for departure. I can see employee ID's who handled it, igloo ID's, plane tail numbers, etc, but I don't think I should post them here.

I have a contact at SDS who is looking for the package. Another contact at Customs has left for the day and will not be available until the morning. I will try to increase the intensity in the AM.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
looks like this package might have multiple tracking numbers on it. The tracking info makes no sense. Or even an old SPA label can cause this to happen.

Was this a re-used box?

Also for me to have any chance of finding anything in overgoods I need part numbers, manufactures name, serial numbers,....any words or numbers that are on the missing parts.

Was there an invoice or any paper work in the box?

Next physical scan shows arrival in Columbia, SC airpark where the pkg was linked to an air container "igloo".

The package was cleared electronically by British Customs, but shows no physical scan of leaving US Customs.

My thought is that it is still in the Customs area, and some government employee has not released it for departure. I can see employee ID's who handled it, igloo ID's, plane tail numbers, etc, but I don't think I should post them here.

I have a contact at SDS who is looking for the package. Another contact at Customs has left for the day and will not be available until the morning. I will try to increase the intensity in the AM.

By the way; Welcome to the Brown Cafe, hudson and Gadget and congrats on your 1st posts, thanks for being so helpful. You can go here and tell us a little about yourselves.

http://www.browncafe.com/community/forums/introductions-and-welcomes.62/

Gadget

Let's just say I've been here for a while. I just felt I needed an alter ego to "protect" my sources...in case I divulge something I shouldn't.

Gadget

Also, I have checked Overgoods, but need additional details to execute a more thorough search...but I'm still betting our friends in Customs have it sitting in some corner.

drewed

Shankman
If its being held in customs.....for the better part of 2 weeks there should be some sort of warehouse/exception/hold scan on it.

drewed

Shankman
Well I agree with that, but it was handed over from UPS to a gov't agency (if thats where its at) there should have been a hold/exception/warehouse scan on it, its an audit item and sloppy supervision if its not done.

Also, I have checked Overgoods, but need additional details to execute a more thorough search...but I'm still betting our friends in Customs have it sitting in some corner.

Thanks Gadget, and all others who have posted - very much appreciated. You're the side of UPS that people should hear and see more about.

In terms of more details about the contents I've attached some photos of the items and as much details about part numbers as possible:

HD 1: Seagte Barracuda ST34371W. Apple Logo. 080 Lot Number.
HD 2: No model details known. Will be a SCSI disk, prob with Apple logo on it somewhere.
Flash ROM Chips: In a little 'pouch'. 2 stickers - one reads 341S0396 ODD. The other 341S0395 EVEN.
ROM SIMM: Looks like a memory chip. Has 8 squareish chips on, and 2 small green handles on either end.

In terms of the package being cleared electronically by British Customs - does this only happen when the package has entered US customs, or can it happen much earlier before reaching the international hub?

Thanks again for your help - and i hope it does turn up (but I do appreciate it's like looking for a needle in a haystack).

James.
flash_chips.jpg
one_hd.jpg
rom_simm.jpg

Last edited:
The shipper also stated that: "I bubble wrapped each of the components and the box is padded on the bottom too. The two tiny chips are in their own little pouch."

James.

UPSERNOJ

Just in case:

The last physical scan on this package is:
SLIC:Sort:Location:Time:Type:4049 LOUISVILLE IMPORT KY US 02/11/09 00:56 PHYSICAL

There is an active tracer open on this package. I would suggest you contact Corporate Overgoods and have them do a search by commodity. # 5-466-4660/404-828-6172.

rod

Retired 22 years
What a great success story:happy2: I find it amazing that anyone still has enough company pride to go out of their way to help recover a lost pkg. UPS truly has the best empolyees going.

Gadget

What a great success story:happy2: I find it amazing that anyone still has enough company pride to go out of their way to help recover a lost pkg. UPS truly has the best empolyees going.

I (and many other UPSers) do it all the time. Even though sometimes it falls a little bit outside my job description. That's why I created the alter ego....

I will post additional details once I have confirmation it is on its way.