Hub Expansions & new Hubs.....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Arlington is still a go, along with another new building in Dallas area which is going live first. These two new buildings will relieve Mesquite (temporarily) while it goes through an expansion sometime in the future.
You in mgt??? You seem to have more knowledge about these buildings than thug truck drivers....

polyp

Did your smalls start taking bigger packages after it was automated?

When our hub finished automation, we were told smalls had to run over 50% of the volume to keep the building going. Sometimes smalls is lucky to get 3 packages in a bag because they are so large.

I haven't seen it, but our smalls isn't hurting for volume.

Bags are much more full post automation. The system will happily plug away and build 70lb+ monstrosities if the available peices are small and dense.

dudebro

I haven't seen it, but our smalls isn't hurting for volume.

Bags are much more full post automation. The system will happily plug away and build 70lb+ monstrosities if the available peices are small and dense.

If we get better PLD data we will turn the light on and declare a bag full at 65lb and the tilt tray won't dump to a heavy bag. I don't think the data we get from customers is adequate enough yet.

PhatPattheRiverRat

Sandy Creek Rd is a side street at 1100 Fulton Industrial Blvd where the new Atlanta Hub is located. And it is a fully automated sorting Hub, so that makes sense.

Is this hub going to be bigger than, or on par with Worldport? Used to drive by that place when I was dating a hot broad that lived near it. My god, that place is a monster.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Is this hub going to be bigger than, or on par with Worldport?

No, I think Worldport has over five million square feet of space. Cach is second biggest, Sandy Creek is third at 1.2 million square feet. It’s mind boggling to look at compared to the other four Atlanta Hubs.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
No, I think Worldport has over five million square feet of space. Cach is second biggest, Sandy Creek is third at 1.2 million square feet. It’s mind boggling to look at compared to the other four Atlanta Hubs.

The new Atlanta building is tiny compared to CACH and Atlanta looks big.
0CACHc.png

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Perfect timing for ups to get profits down thanks to new construction and then tell the union... "see, were not going as good as prior years so you guys gotta give us concessions this contract"
Agreed. We must have over a million dollars worth of new vehicles on our lot in the last two weeks. 6 P1000s, 3 TP60s and 8 new freightliners.

WTFm8

775,000 sqft to break ground on 192acre plot this spring in Harrisburg Pa. It was originally planned to be 935,000 but they shrank it and added other items (car wash, maintenance, training center, etc).

Approximately 1,000 jobs to come with it, originally articles said 1,200 jobs.