Hubs not implementing 22.4

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Here are a couple examples for you. What does “Saturday delivery” mean? It means Saturday ground here.

What does “as long as work is available “ mean? It does not mean advancing volume on Saturday. They clarified this stuff and recorded it.

We usually have 8-10 preload trailers that arrive Saturday morning but are not currently delivered on Saturday. Most are in by 7:30AM but I guess the schedule is too tight to count on them inbounding every week before the Saturday preload goes down.

Would 22.4's delivering those Saturday be considered advancing volume since that volume is already on property? That could be 10k + pieces of volume not available on Mondays... This needs to be 100% written in stone before the vote.

llamainmypocket

There's plenty of volume in cars to deliver but the problem is it includes business volume that isnt open saturdays. I'm not a preloader anymore so I can't testify to how much is business but I suspect much of it is.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Well Monday used to just suck, now that we have saturday ground... Mondays have turned into a living hell, I had 130 stops today 92 business. ( 8 HOUR REQUEST) lol worked 11 hours will be filing tomorrow. I really really wish we didnt have Saturday's

You should've call early and often and told them how many stops you'd be bringing back if they didn't send help, and then stick to your guns. Now they know they'll never have to give you an 8HR day if they don't want to.

542thruNthru

You should've call early and often and told them how many stops you'd be bringing back if they didn't send help, and then stick to your guns. Now they know they'll never have to give you an 8HR day if they don't want to.

Not everywhere can you just bring the work back.

Here all we can do is file for the 2 hour penalty pay for going over 8 hours.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Not everywhere can you just bring the work back.

Here all we can do is file for the 2 hour penalty pay for going over 8 hours.

Well that sucks. Our PC drivers, provided they have the stones to follow-thru, need to let management know early and how much work they need help with. After that, it's up to management. Filing a grievance and maybe winning a two hour penalty, months down the line, doesn't help an 8HR day, that day.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If your center doesn't run Sautrday ground, they cannot implement 22.4 drivers. It's simple, really.

Where does it say that? BOTH OF YOU, PROVIDE PROOF OR STFU!

(New) Section 4. (b). Full-Time Combination Drivers

"All existing regular full-time package car drivers (RPCD) shall be considered RPCD drivers for the purpose of this Section. The Union and Company commit to protect existing RPCDs from being scheduled or forced to perform weekend delivery work and increasing the number of full-time opportunities for part-time employees. To achieve these objectives, the Company may create full-time 22.4 combination driving jobs. Such jobs may include inside work. In the event the Company utilizes this classification, the following shall apply only to those buildings that include Saturday or Sunday delivery."

-Bug-

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
only to those buildings that include Saturday or Sunday delivery."

That includes Sat Air which we have had for decades!

BUG, I am getting sick and tired of being lied to and facts being obfuscated by BOTH the company I work for and the union which is supposed to work for me!

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
We usually have 8-10 preload trailers that arrive Saturday morning but are not currently delivered on Saturday. Most are in by 7:30AM but I guess the schedule is too tight to count on them inbounding every week before the Saturday preload goes down.

Would 22.4's delivering those Saturday be considered advancing volume since that volume is already on property? That could be 10k + pieces of volume not available on Mondays... This needs to be 100% written in stone before the vote.
Currently all Saturday delivery in our center is Air only. We also charge a premium for saturday delivery. Soon Saturday will be a standard workday throughout most of the country so id think we should see a healthy increase in volume. However thats still just a theory. If Work Is Available Is Contract Language that needs to disappear.