Hubs not implementing 22.4

cachmeifucan

I live in Illinois. My new governor is going to make a progressive income tax that will definitely impact all full time employee at ups. It isn't law but It's coming long before another contract so the longer we ride this out the better.i heard it 70 75 80 85 100 each year or is that old news

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I live in Illinois. My new governor is going to make a progressive income tax that will definitely impact all full time employee at ups. It isn't law but It's coming long before another contract so the longer we ride this out the better.i heard it 70 75 80 85 100 each year or is that old news

@Wally whats he trying to say ^^^^^

cachmeifucan

Cach and huge hub has 0 package car so not sure although some 22.3 shift trailers half the day. And guess what they shift all day over half the year. These 22.4 will drive all day

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I live in Illinois. My new governor is going to make a progressive income tax that will definitely impact all full time employee at ups. It isn't law but It's coming long before another contract so the longer we ride this out the better.i heard it 70

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Finally got home and have had a chance to look over the contract. It appears we will still get the easy enroll benefit but the old language about working a route for a full week, bidding a route, have 4 years seniority etc... etc... is still in there. So it doesnt make much sense to me.

John Boy

Finally got home and have had a chance to look over the contract. It appears we will still get the easy enroll benefit but the old language about working a route for a full week, bidding a route, have 4 years seniority etc... etc... is still in there. So it doesnt make much sense to me.
Made a post exactly about this. Seems I'm in the same boat as you. Small center with 30 ish FT drivers and just Saturday Air delivery. Don't see any changes to the 9.5 issue for us.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Made a post exactly about this. Seems I'm in the same boat as you. Small center with 30 ish FT drivers and just Saturday Air delivery. Don't see any changes to the 9.5 issue for us.
Its possible the old language is still there because it talks about the list not being in effect until Jan 15 2019. However if signing up for 9.5 protection is available to everyone why specify it in the 22.4 language.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Its possible the old language is still there because it talks about the list not being in effect until Jan 15 2019. However if signing up for 9.5 protection is available to everyone why specify it in the 22.4 language.
Anybody heard anything new about this?
How will enrollment work for hubs without 22.4 drivers?

My hub starts saturday ground on August 4th lol what a coincidence, first saturday after new contract.

They've been pushing the date back for months
Do you know how many driving jobs they’re going to have on Saturdays? Whatever number it is, cut it in half. Here they bid 18 jobs and we are lucky if they put 8 routes in on Saturday. Total bull:censored2:

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
So they dont want us to have a clear answer on this subject.....

Q: Our building in Ohio does not deliver on Saturday and Sundays. How are we going to be able to have decreased loads on weekdays to keep us under 9.5, and how will we protected under 9.5 when the new language says it only applies to buildings that utilize 22.4 combination drivers?
A: In buildings that do not implement weekend ground deliveries, you still have the improved language in Article 37. There is easier access to the list and an improved procedure for repeated violations. In buildings that do not have 22.4 drivers, the existing criteria for eligibility remain in effect.

And then.......

Q: Can you explain how the proposed 9.5 list will work?
A: The Union will now control the 9.5 process. This means that the union representative will use the center’s full seniority list as the “opt in” list unless individual drivers tell the representative that they want overtime, and do not wish to be on the 9.5 list. The representative will then remove that name from the list and present the final list to management. You are automatically on the list unless you want off. You can also get on or off the list at any time thereafter with one week’s notice to management.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
So they dont want us to have a clear answer on this subject.....

Q: Our building in Ohio does not deliver on Saturday and Sundays. How are we going to be able to have decreased loads on weekdays to keep us under 9.5, and how will we protected under 9.5 when the new language says it only applies to buildings that utilize 22.4 combination drivers?
A: In buildings that do not implement weekend ground deliveries, you still have the improved language in Article 37. There is easier access to the list and an improved procedure for repeated violations. In buildings that do not have 22.4 drivers, the existing criteria for eligibility remain in effect.

And then.......

Q: Can you explain how the proposed 9.5 list will work?
A: The Union will now control the 9.5 process. This means that the union representative will use the center’s full seniority list as the “opt in” list unless individual drivers tell the representative that they want overtime, and do not wish to be on the 9.5 list. The representative will then remove that name from the list and present the final list to management. You are automatically on the list unless you want off. You can also get on or off the list at any time thereafter with one week’s notice to management.
So we are automatically on the list but in buildings that do not have 22.4 "which is all but 2 in our state" the existing criteria for eligibility remains in effect?

Anybody heard anything about this that differs?

542thruNthru

So we are automatically on the list but in buildings that do not have 22.4 "which is all but 2 in our state" the existing criteria for eligibility remains in effect?

Anybody heard anything about this that differs?

Nope that's what I've been hearing the whole time. If you do not have 22.4s in your building you will have to get on the 9.5 list as you always have.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Our hub is only like 32 full time drivers so I dont see us implementing 22.4 drivers. The unions claims and mailings have been that the 22.4 will help us get days off and curb forced overtime, so how does us small hubs get overtime help? Im hopeful the new 9.5 language is better and clear. Theve manipulated our current 9.5 language to the point its worthless

That sounds more like a center. Not that the designation matters, but a hub would likely have a night sort alng with other day/sunrise sorts that advance more loads to your building. If loads aren't being advanced on the weekend you can't run them.

We have some large centers within 60 mikesbof our hub and they do not run Saturday, we've been doing it for way over a year.