Hubs not implementing 22.4

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Anyone get anymore clarification on this. Over the past few months weve got 3 different answers from our BA.
What qualifys at Saturday delivery? One guy delivering? The company will implement 22.4 in all but the smallest centers. You can bet on it

What qualifys at Saturday delivery? One guy delivering? The company will implement 22.4 in all but the smallest centers. You can bet on it

Saturday ground service is what constitutes Saturday delivery. They will put as many 22.4's on as they have Saturday routes in any building that has Saturday service.

Nine5

Many of us work at hubs that dont have weekend delivery, yet all we hear from the Union is how great 22.4 is going to be for RPCD drivers. What improvements can guys like me expect? Especially being someone who is still in the God awful long progression where the company saves over 10 bucks an hour my first 4 years. Is the 22.4 thier "flagship" accomplishment? Is that supposed to be thier big contract seller?
VOTENO

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Many of us work at hubs that dont have weekend delivery, yet all we hear from the Union is how great 22.4 is going to be for RPCD drivers. What improvements can guys like me expect? Especially being someone who is still in the God awful long progression where the company saves over 10 bucks an hour my first 4 years. Is the 22.4 thier "flagship" accomplishment? Is that supposed to be thier big contract seller?
One thing you can expect as an RPCD is Monday’s off “unless work is available”.

Db2400

They will implement weekends at your center. Why would they not; cheaper labor doing all the work.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Saturday ground service is what constitutes Saturday delivery.

You need to get a clue. Delivering even 1 package (be it ground, air, 2S, 1S, Int even GD surepost) is the very definition of Saturday delivery. There is no way the union can argue any differently. 22.4's will be everywhere on Tuesdays through Fridays by the end of the 5th year, bank on it!

They will put as many 22.4's on as they have Saturday routes in any building that has Saturday service.

:bsbullf:, They will put on as many as the higher of either: 1. Twenty five percent of all drivers on the payroll as of Aug first or 2. What the union lets them get away with above the 25%!

At my center with the average yearly new driver hiring rate every new driver hired for the next 41/2 years will be 22.4's or as we will come to call them, second class drivers!

Db2400

You need to get a clue. Delivering even 1 package (be it ground, air, 2S, 1S, Int even GD surepost) is the very definition of Saturday delivery. There is no way the union can argue any differently. 22.4's will be everywhere on Tuesdays through Fridays by the end of the 5th year, bank on it!

:bsbullf:, They will put on as many as the higher of either: 1. Twenty five percent of all drivers on the payroll as of Aug first or 2. What the union lets them get away with above the 25%!

At my center with the average yearly new driver hiring rate every new driver hired for the next 41/2 years will be 22.4's or as we will come to call them, second class drivers!
That's right

Your union reps did not clarify meaning, and record negotiations? I guess only the sell outs did that.

Ummm, no.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Your union reps did not clarify meaning, and record negotiations? I guess only the sell outs did that.
We keep hearing from a certain group that the negotiations were recorded. My question to you is, "so what?" Recording and/or transcribing does not trump the actual language within the contract!

I will give you an example. If the contract says, "All employees will wear a green bandanna at all times or will be subject to termination." If both sides sign the contract one side can not come back and say our members don't have to wear a bandanna because during the negotiations we objected to it and the company said we'll take a look at it on an individual basis. The company can simply say, "everyone no exceptions, you signed the contract. It is our way or the highway" There is absolutely no judge or "arbitrator" who will decide the contract doesn't matter and the recordings take precedent!

Ummm, no.

WOW, damn strong rebuttal. You were on our side during the negotiations weren't you?

We keep hearing from a certain group that the negotiations were recorded. My question to you is, "so what?" Recording and/or transcribing does not trump the actual language within the contract!

I will give you an example. If the contract says, "All employees will wear a green bandanna at all times or will be subject to termination." If both sides sign the contract one side can not come back and say our members don't have to wear a bandanna because during the negotiations we objected to it and the company said we'll take a look at it on an individual basis. The company can simply say, "everyone no exceptions, you signed the contract. It is our way or the highway" There is absolutely no judge or "arbitrator" who will decide the contract doesn't matter and the recordings take precedent!

WOW, damn strong rebuttal. You were on our side during the negotiations weren't you?
Here are a couple examples for you. What does “Saturday delivery” mean? It means Saturday ground here.

What does “as long as work is available “ mean? It does not mean advancing volume on Saturday. They clarified this stuff and recorded it.

Last edited:

What's to refute? Saturday service, in reference to 22.4's, is specifically limited to ground service. If your center doesn't run Sautrday ground, they cannot implement 22.4 drivers. It's simple, really.

542thruNthru

Here are a couple examples for you. What does “Saturday delivery” mean? It means Saturday ground here.

What does “as long as work is available “ mean? It does not mean advancing volume on Saturday. They clarified this stuff and recorded it.

That's all Saturdays are right now. Doing Mondays volume. That's what it's been from the beginning.