Hurricane Florence

oldngray

nowhere special
IF the storm stalls near the NC outer banks, or just inland, 20" could be on the low end.
Yeah, they've bumped up the estimates. Above a certain point it probably doesn't matter much. Once low lying areas get flooded more rain doesn't really change the situation. It makes things worse of course but less effect.

wornoutupser

I live in central Fla and took the eyes of Charlie, Frances, Jeanne and Irma.
That being said, the longest I went without power was 9 days after Charlie hit.
My center ran the Monday after!

wornoutupser

Ok. I have 10 case of water and 3 cases of beer. I believe my priorities are wrong.

After a week with no power and all the frozen food gone, one of my neighbors made it 40 miles away to where there was ice AND beer!

That was the best beer I have ever had!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
2F68DACF-2774-4567-A9F5-9889D50DE7E1.gif
Wonder if Joel has a church he can stay in on the east coast

rod

Retired 22 years
And still some idiots refuse to evacuate--I don't feel sorry for them one bit if the get blown off the face of the earth. Sometimes the gene pool just needs a good flushing.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
I am not able to leave. My wife is a first responder. The house that I am in has withstood two category 4 hurricanes. Hoping it can withstand one more.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I am not able to leave. My wife is a first responder. The house that I am in has withstood two category 4 hurricanes. Hoping it can withstand one more.

Why does she have to stay? I've been reading that anyone who stays will have no access to first responders. Maybe it's different in other places.