Hurricane

Steamer

THESE NEW FLORIDA ROUTES SUCK!

6145869474_6e1aa4df78_b.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
We know probably 8 couples who have Florida homes. Only one of them lost everything. Luckily, they are the ones who can take the loss without it affecting them too much. I'm sure they will just buy a new winter home somewhere else

rod

Retired 22 years
We know probably 8 couples who have Florida homes. Only one of them lost everything. Luckily, they are the ones who can take the loss without it affecting them too much. I'm sure they will just buy a new winter home somewhere else
Once was their house

1664688339729.png

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I was just at a local market and the woman behind the counter was telling me about an 80 year old woman who was in there and told her she was from North Port. She lived in a mobile home and lost everything. No children or relatives. She came to our town looking for a hotel with no luck. I feel so horrible for her and people like her. Imagine being that age and losing everything you have and having no family to turn to. So sad. Oh, and North Port is still flooded.

Johney

I'm guessing that one belongs to the contractor who built all the others. He didn't skimp on cheap building materials for his.
I think a lot of good places built on the beach like that are designed so that if the surge gets too high they will just bust all the windows and doors and wash everything out so that the structure itself stays intact. Obviously not how it worked out for your friends.

rod

Retired 22 years
I think a lot of good places built on the beach like that are designed so that if the surge gets too high they will just bust all the windows and doors and wash everything out so that the structure itself stays intact. Obviously not how it worked out for your friends.
Most are built on stilts with the bottom floor used just for storage and maybe a garage. Even at that few can stand 150mph winds

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I was just at a local market and the woman behind the counter was telling me about an 80 year old woman who was in there and told her she was from North Port. She lived in a mobile home and lost everything. No children or relatives. She came to our town looking for a hotel with no luck. I feel so horrible for her and people like her. Imagine being that age and losing everything you have and having no family to turn to. So sad. Oh, and North Port is still flooded.
And that, dear lady, is another reason I chose Arizona to live in.