Hurricane

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
2A374C81-5A35-42B9-9AA2-E608BB81E4EF.jpeg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

These thugs got lucky. People have signs up saying, You loot, we shoot.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I saw a reporter who said he was 14 miles up river and the boats that were washed up on the road was unbelievable
I-75 is closed right now because the Myakka River has flooded the interstate. I don’t know if you know anything about that area but a detour is a loooooong way around because I’m guessing 41N is closed also.

Johney

I-75 is closed right now because the Myakka River has flooded the interstate. I don’t know if you know anything about that area but a detour is a loooooong way around because I’m guessing 41N is closed also.
I just saw that on the weather channel. They also showed a before and after satellite image and the water now right off the coast appears much shallower than before. Crazy.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
December 23rd 2020. Terrible Ice storm in MN. Fed Ex and Amazon went in by noon. Not UPS we kept on going. Around three :censored2: got real. Slipping and sliding every stop, at four they told us to ec what's left and bring it in. Took 4 hours to get back to the facility that was 15 miles away. :censored2:ing stressful
I remember that day, probably the worst drive back to the building I've had. The polar vortex when it was 50 below they pushed start times 2 hours still worked until 530.

BigBrown87

The Polar Vortex that went through Minnesota in 2019 brought temps down to -30 (colder in more rural areas) on January 30th. The Post Office and Fedex Ground didn't work at all. We worked 10 am - 5 pm everything on trace. All pickups after 5pm got picked up early whether they were done or not. Fedex Express worked too. I think the high for the day was -20. We were told to dress for the weather, but had to wear an outer UPS coat for uniform, but could wear anything tasteful as long as it kept us warm.

Been called in early for snow and ice storms plenty of times too, usually around the 5pm-7pm mark.
The low was -50 and high was -23. Gas line heading to Princeton stopped working, they told people to turn their thermostats down to 58 to try and help fix the problem.

DriverNerd

The low was -50 and high was -23. Gas line heading to Princeton stopped working, they told people to turn their thermostats down to 58 to try and help fix the problem.
Yeah, I was referring to the Twin Cities temperature. It "only" got down to -28 in Minneapolis, some parts of the state were in the mid -50's. I remember vividly the Halloween blizzard of '91 but what gets me is that it got even colder in 1996 and I don't even remember that. I guess it goes to show that as a teenager you really only care about your own little world. I just read an article on the gas line situation...Xcel Energy calling three days without heat at -50 an "Interruption". 🤣

oldngray

nowhere special
Yeah, I was referring to the Twin Cities temperature. It "only" got down to -28 in Minneapolis, some parts of the state were in the mid -50's. I remember vividly the Halloween blizzard of '91 but what gets me is that it got even colder in 1996 and I don't even remember that. I guess it goes to show that as a teenager you really only care about your own little world. I just read an article on the gas line situation...Xcel Energy calling three days without heat at -50 an "Interruption". 🤣
Even @rod was cold

BigBrown87

My wife tried telling me to turn down the thermostat, I replied with I pay the bill every month I ain't turning down sheet.