I’m a 22 year old 22.4 driver and I feel like quitting. Need advice

reginald95

If you feel like the work is wearing you down slow the :censored2: down. Send a message around 3 then at 5 that you won’t be able to di do to finish. What they do is up to them at that point.

Never get through Basic....well......Bradley Manning..uh Chelsea.....did...

He's already 4 years behind.

Age 38....most likely your life is half over...

Why don't you ask the geniuses on BC? They all retired millionaires at 48.....or so it seems.
BTW, lot's of contractors around here drive those $100k big pickups....big tires...real shiny.

I wonder how they like the gas prices?

So is being without one....

Ok. Now what? Gonna live on the beach?

Wow, a whole lot of negative replys and statements that may be perceived as personal attacks.....for a guy so interested in reporting negative posts and personal attacks....

Hello, I’m 22 years old and have been a 22.4 driver for close to a year now and looking for advice from fellow UPSers

I started working at UPS when I was 18 and was a loader until I turned 21 and became a 22.4 driver. After the grueling 30 day probation and a couple months of driving I thought I’ve really gotten the hang of things and this was going to be the beginning and the end of my working career. Fast forward to a year later I have had no problems being a proficient driver but the physical toll (thus turning into a mental toll) is starting to weigh on me.

I love being a driver with all the good and bad that comes with it but I’m getting to a point where I don’t think my body can take doing 200-220 stops with 300-350 packages 10h avg every day 5-6 days a week. I know this is the norm for a lot of drivers out there but I can’t see myself doing this for years. My lower back and shoulders feel like they’re slowly deteriorating into irreversible damage as the months go on.

I’m conflicted on quitting because although I believe I’m doing fairly well currently financial wise and have no worries about that I feel like I’m throwing away a very good career.

I’m mainly posting this because I’m wondering what my options are going forward. Best case scenario is I’d like to go back to the hub and continue driving part time.

Thank you for reading this far. I hope none of you think I’m just lazy. I believe I’m a very hard worker and that’s what’s even got me this far but I am prioritizing my current and future physical well being.
This place isn't the worst, and you won't be a 22.4 forever. You could make a great living and work a long time here, reaping incredible benefits. I don't think the work/life balance is that far off, but I used to work in an industry that required me to be gone for days and weeks at a time.

That said, if I was 22 now, I would set out to go to dental school. If college and graduate school isn't your thing, and you like working outdoors, there's only one option for me. Save up for the next year or so and pay cash for a lineman school. They are irreplaceable and make really good money. During storm seasons they work more, but most days are early morning to mid-afternoon and a rotating on-call schedule.

There are tons of options, bro, you can ask anyone here and get literally thousands different views, but you have to do you and at your age, you can do anything.

Non liberal

Trump was sortve an outsider but he was awful so that logic doesnt work
In what way shape or form. I guess your 401k wasn’t up by 20% like mine was. Or maybe you didn’t like paying sub 2$ for gas? Give one reason for why he was a bad president. That is just idiotic thinking on your part.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
In what way shape or form. I guess your 401k wasn’t up by 20% like mine was. Or maybe you didn’t like paying sub 2$ for gas? Give one reason for why he was a bad president. That is just idiotic thinking on your part.

Well generally we do prefer someone who could pass a high school civics class in a role such as that.

rickyb

U know who wouldve been a good prez? ralph nader. Jill stein. Ron paul for forgein policy at least. Jesse ventura

Trumps an :censored2: for god sakes! Its obvious

Non liberal

U know who wouldve been a good prez? ralph nader. Jill stein. Ron paul for forgein policy at least. Jesse ventura

Trumps an :censored2: for god sakes! Its obvious
Why is it obvious? My 401k was booming as well as small businesses. Gas was cheap! Heating was cheap! Steak was cheap! Wtf!!!??!!!? Your just mad because he was a mean tweeter. 😂

rickyb

Why is it obvious? My 401k was booming as well as small businesses. Gas was cheap! Heating was cheap! Steak was cheap! Wtf!!!??!!!? Your just mad because he was a mean tweeter. 😂
Allow me:

How was house prices, student tuition, health insurance, drug prices, federal min wage?

Non liberal

Allow me:

How was house prices, student tuition, health insurance, drug prices, federal min wage?
:censored2: minimum wage. McDonald’s ain’t a career dude. I bought my house in 2016 so…. And it’s worth 50grand more now so… And um don’t go to college they rip you off. Get a job at ups and make more, plus it doesn’t cost anything! Looks like your argument falls apart there bro.

rickyb

:censored2: minimum wage. McDonald’s ain’t a career dude. I bought my house in 2016 so…. And it’s worth 50grand more now so… And um don’t go to college they rip you off. Get a job at ups and make more, plus it doesn’t cost anything! Looks like your argument falls apart there bro.
Housing went up but its bad not good. fools gold. ppl r downsizing, going further into debt, cutting spending

U made no reference to my other points

Education being expensive also puts usa at competitive disadvantage