I’m a 22 year old 22.4 driver and I feel like quitting. Need advice

Box Ox

I have had no problems being a proficient driver but the physical toll (thus turning into a mental toll) is starting to weigh on me.
My lower back and shoulders feel like they’re slowly deteriorating into irreversible damage as the months go on.

If your body's already telling you potentially serious lower back and shoulder issues/pain might be coming at age 22 it probably is a good idea to move on to something else. If it progresses you'll probably have some big regrets by 30.

The body you've got is the only one you're ever gonna have. And there are few better reasons for you to move on to something else than to protect it.

Dewdewbrown

I mean technically you are considered a part time driver, but the company has abused the 22.4 combo position by using them as full time drivers for cheap labor.
How is it "cheap labor?" They get paid the same. Top rate is the only difference. Are there any 22. 4s at top rate yet? I don't think so..maybe in the future it could be considered that..
?"

Dewdewbrown

I mean technically you are considered a part time driver, but the company has abused the 22.4 combo position by using them as full time drivers for cheap labor.
How is it cheap labor when there are probably no 224s at top pay? They get paid the same as a rpcd..The top pay is lower, not the progession pay..hopefully no one would stay 224 for over 4 years

rickyb

Not according to the news.....haven't you heard? Arresting people for leaving their house.....
thats 1 measure of freedom

another would b their superior healthcare system. another would b them being more likely to survive nukes than america. anothet would be how much more vacation they recieve over america.

rickyb

So is being without one....
Convertibles are nice like the vw golf.

Hp overrated. no point in buying a car 4 its looks bc theyre all copies of copies anyways. if u spend the money to actually make it unique, its gonna b a alot of money and a waste

Most cars r ugly. Its market failure. My car looks as good as modern camaros and thats bc theyre ugly lol

quad decade guy

thats 1 measure of freedom

another would b their superior healthcare system. another would b them being more likely to survive nukes than america. anothet would be how much more vacation they recieve over america.
Vacations? Not very desirable when you get arrested walking down your own street.

Superior healthcare. When you get arrested for going to the doctor?

Say, when China occupies/invades NZ....and all the NZ'ders have are rocks to throw at them....sounds great....eh?

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
How is it cheap labor when there are probably no 224s at top pay? They get paid the same as a rpcd..The top pay is lower, not the progession pay..hopefully no one would stay 224 for over 4 years

Progression pay is lower too. Ideally no one will stay 22.4 for 4 years…but if there is a recession or Amazon drops us, who knows.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Talk to your business agent about jobs you can transfer to. There are actually decent full time jobs that they don't like to talk about. 22.3 22.2 porter. feeder

Thebrownblob

We haven't had a single 22.4 move up to RPCD here.
So no one has moved to feeders, retired, resigned, Or been terminated in almost 4 years? The first round of people we got moved a few years ago to RPCDs took a grievance since then it’s went a lot smoother. I work in a rather large facility with a big feeder department so perhaps they move faster here but we have moved several dozen up to RPCD the last round we moved 11 in February. 18 months is the longest anyone has went 22.4 here. I can’t say most of them are happy because they just get forced on Saturday instead of Monday now.

Thebrownblob

Cowboy Mac has some excellent advice. before I read his reply I was wondering if you were a "runner gunner" and not following methods.

you may be luckier than most if you realize now this is not the job for you.

Live life , travel , have some fun.

I worked a couple dozen jobs from age 18-38 and had a lot of fun before starting to work here at age 38. I went right into feeder since I worked different truck driving jobs for a lot of years and was at UPS at the right time for that.

good luck with whatever you decide to do. I tell young people all the time to "listen to your gut"
It's usually right.
Interesting my gut is telling me something about you.

rickyb

Vacations? Not very desirable when you get arrested walking down your own street.

Superior healthcare. When you get arrested for going to the doctor?

Say, when China occupies/invades NZ....and all the NZ'ders have are rocks to throw at them....sounds great....eh?
China will take over usa too in the future and u know its true

They have a much higher life expectancy than u too

Dont worry the roman empire devolved into a police state where most ppl were poor, american empire will too

Non liberal

China will take over usa too in the future and u know its true

They have a much higher life expectancy than u too

Dont worry the roman empire devolved into a police state where most ppl were poor, american empire will too
Yep, as long as we keep electing libs, lol. What is the definition of insanity?

Non liberal

Well u keep electing coke too thinking its different from Pepsi.
Sorry, I don’t elect the name. Democratic policies just don’t work. So that usually just disqualifies them for me. I’m basically just picking the better of the two options even though they’re all crooked as hell.