I’m under allowed everyday

Johney

Did you miss the “reduced pension at 65” part?
No I didn't, but I guess I needed to word what I originally said differently. Paying a reduced pension at 5 years is not paying a 30 year pension. Burn em out in 5 years or less means less payout for them down the road. That's what I meant.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No I didn't, but I guess I needed to word what I originally said differently. Paying a reduced pension at 5 years is not paying a 30 year pension. Burn em out in 5 years or less means less payout for them down the road. That's what I meant.

...which is why they should offer all new hires the option of a pension or a similarly funded 401K...

MC0493

I am 6 months away from proving you wrong.
30 years from when you started yes. I doubt anyone can do 30 years going forward at full speed. The hours are longer, stuff is bigger and heavier. I know we've got better trucks and technology to work with, but the packages have gotten worse.

Super Powers

I was a runner too back in the day. One week in 1991,I was scheduled to cover a high seniority drivers route. The high seniority driver, Harry saw I was on his route the following week and he pulled me aside after the morning PCM. Harry said, I see you're on my route next week. I said yep, Harry said listen son,don't make me look bad, take your time out there and remember this job is a marathon not a sprint, if you want to make it 30 years you have to pace yourself. I never forgot Harry's advice, he retired in 1992 with 30 years.

Over disciplined0123

Hey funny I remember when I started driving long time ago I would always be asked to help out a senior old time driver and used to get so freaking pissed off I was so naive and young and now realize why they would always make me help others out. Cuz I was a :censored2: and have no idea what I was trying to prove (like hey look at me I’m the best fastest driver in the country) And it was weird every route I wanted to bid I would monitor the stop count every day and avg would be 120 to 130 being a 9.hr day I bid it and it goes up to 140 or 150 for a 9 hr day. 300 pieces roughly 75 miles. 10 pickups of 100 total

Rack em

Made the Podium
Hey funny I remember when I started driving long time ago I would always be asked to help out a senior old time driver and used to get so freaking :censored2: off I was so naive and young and now realize why they would always make me help others out. Cuz I was a :censored2: and have no idea what I was trying to prove (like hey look at me I’m the best fastest driver in the country) And it was weird every route I wanted to bid I would monitor the stop count every day and avg would be 120 to 130 being a 9.hr day I bid it and it goes up to 140 or 150 for a 9 hr day. 300 pieces roughly 75 miles. 10 pickups of 100 total
I was the same way until I realized that Ups doesn't give a :censored2: about any of it's employees and the only thing you get for going above and beyond is more work.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
62E2FAF5-9E1B-40FD-9349-E55B02511F19.png
Everyone give him a big round of applause, he is the dumbest driver today.

Jondlc

I always ask the drivers @ what time they come back at such RT and I do my best to never come back before such time. Either at that time or after but never before. Last thing I want is 40 stops to be added to a route ill be covering for a week or two because that driver went on vacation and im always under allowed when I do that RT.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I always ask the drivers @ what time they come back at such RT and I do my best to never come back before such time. Either at that time or after but never before. Last thing I want is 40 stops to be added to a route ill be covering for a week or two because that driver went on vacation and im always under allowed when I do that RT.
I run as fast I can the whole week and then go tell the center manager there is plenty of time for at least 50 more stops and 15 more pick up. Bid drivers are never too happy with me for some reason.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
0C41D2AC-BF43-47A6-A02C-9A6FDA7F12EA.jpeg
I was a runner too back in the day. One week in 1991,I was scheduled to cover a high seniority drivers route. The high seniority driver, Harry saw I was on his route the following week and he pulled me aside after the morning PCM. Harry said, I see you're on my route next week. I said yep, Harry said listen son,don't make me look bad, take your time out there and remember this job is a marathon not a sprint, if you want to make it 30 years you have to pace yourself. I never forgot Harry's advice, he retired in 1992 with 30 years.
That harry sounds like a mighty swell guy

watdaflock?

Yesterday I was 2 hours and 15 minutes under with a 30 minute break, today I took 30 minutes after finishing up my businesses it was coming off slow.. I got into my residentials and I burned it I had 164 stops and last stop completed at 4:54 I took my last 30 minutes of break at a restaurant close the building and punched out at 6pm.
Neat.

Hope this helps.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Continue to be a run and gun. See how fast IE notices how proud you are being 2 hours under everyday. Then all of a sudden they change the allowances and your lucky to break even yet they will expect to continue to gun. Your body will be the one paying for it.

IESucks

Yesterday I was 2 hours and 15 minutes under with a 30 minute break, today I took 30 minutes after finishing up my businesses it was coming off slow.. I got into my residentials and I burned it I had 164 stops and last stop completed at 4:54 I took my last 30 minutes of break at a restaurant close the building and punched out at 6pm.
Ups won't care how good you are WHEN you screw up or get caught