I am a new cover driver. Are vacations heard of?

Cementups

Box Monkey
Drive in summer or drive in snow? Easy choice I feel ya Cement

Neither but I don't like to waste my time off on times where I would be miserable. I prefer time off on fair weather days. You know.....golf weather!!! Or the the week I take off every March for my birthday and occasionally head to the Caribbean. escape!!!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I feel ya dude. I try n space mine out about every 12 to 16 weeks or so through nov 20 or so. That's about the rule of thumb of starting to get burned out about 12 to 16 weeks in my opinion anyway.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Since my son is still in school I like to take 4 of my weeks in the summer. The other 3 I spread out through the course of the year. Once he graduates I will change it to a week every other month to stay fresh.

S

selfcancelsignal

Plus the optional week?
I started as a preloader in Sept. of '12. Driving by April of '13 & already have 2 weeks vacay plus the optional week. Crazy. Love it. It took me 10 years at my old job to get 3 weeks.

Sent from the 64GB US Cellular iPhone 5S of selfcancelsignal

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Im giving all my weeks to the United Way !!
I don't deserve a vaca because I was paid over so much in the 90's !!

Back first

Yup, it's a big gripe in my center. 3 centers in my building, and mine has a summer peak...so they limit (or lower?) the percentage of drivers that can take summer vacation. There are guys with 20+ years in who still can't get a week off in july or august.
Wow I would think with that much seniority you could get any week. I guess every center is different.