I am a new cover driver. Are vacations heard of?

soxsux

I am a new cover driver and have some vacations planned coming up this summer. My hire date was Jan 1st. Do I get ANY pto? Also is it based on seniority or is vacation granted if requested in the right amount of time?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I am a new cover driver and have some vacations planned coming up this summer. My hire date was Jan 1st. Do I get ANY pto? Also is it based on seniority or is vacation granted if requested in the right amount of time?
you were just hired at ups Jan 1st of this year? You don't get any vacation for a year. So, you might wanna replan your "some vacations"...lol. Vacation weeks are chosen by seniority. Welcome to Brown! lol

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
FYI Have 20 years in. Didn't get any summer weeks available to pick from.
Yup, it's a big gripe in my center. 3 centers in my building, and mine has a summer peak...so they limit (or lower?) the percentage of drivers that can take summer vacation. There are guys with 20+ years in who still can't get a week off in july or august.

PT Car Washer

Yup, it's a big gripe in my center. 3 centers in my building, and mine has a summer peak...so they limit (or lower?) the percentage of drivers that can take summer vacation. There are guys with 20+ years in who still can't get a week off in july or august.
Do all 3 centers pick from the same vacation list?

Cementups

Box Monkey
FYI Have 20 years in. Didn't get any summer weeks available to pick from.

That sucks for you. I also have 20 years but got 2 summer weeks. There was plenty left over too. I generally don't take off in the summer unless we actually have plans to go somewhere. It's too hot to do anything so I would rather work than be trapped inside. I could have easily taken all 5 of my weeks in the summer if I had wanted to.