I can’t keep quiet anymore

There really needs to be two different contracts. One for full timers and one for part timers. Part timers who will never have a career here shouldn’t have a say in our pensions, pay or other long term benefits. There’s not a company in the country that gives the part timers the health benefits that UPS does. That alone is worth 25k.
Part time job used to be a stepping stone to a full-time job.
It used to be hard to get your foot inside the door.

Now it's hard to find people that want to work full time

nWo

There really needs to be two different contracts. One for full timers and one for part timers. Part timers who will never have a career here shouldn’t have a say in our pensions, pay or other long term benefits. There’s not a company in the country that gives the part timers the health benefits that UPS does. That alone is worth 25k. They have nothing to complain about. The people I despise most in this world are the lazy cry babies that want a “living wage” for doing part time work an untrained monkey could do. You know why it’s called “living wage”? It’s not definable. Ask 100 people what living wage means and you’ll get 100 different answers.

You realize if we strike everything you said here will be used to attack ft drivers, right?

nWo

Amazon here starts at $20, insurance from day 1. And $2000 sign on bonus.

UPS here. $15/hr. No benefits for 9 months. Senior employees telling you how hard they had it in 1989.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
The fact that the main drive of this next contract is to get part timers up to 20 dollars an hour is a joke…part timers get full benefits and should be thankful…I worked part time for over 13 years before a driving job came open in my center..I worked both pre load and reload..and you know what else…I worked another freaking job..THATS RIGHT SISSYS…2 Jobs!…Screw the part timers!..horrible loaders terrible sorters awful spa label stickers…DRIVERS DESERVE $50 an hour immediately after 8-1-23..DRIVERS handle every problem out there…bad pal labels ..leakers and damaged packages…misloads…poor dispatch..IM OVER IT…23 years in and I’m ready TO STRIKE!!! But not for the whining part timers.
you are literally whats wrong with this company

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Trouble is, how much of the pie will full time give up? I say zero.
It’s not a question of full timers having to give up what they already have, but more of focusing on increases towards the part timers.

I’d be a fan of tying the part time starting wage to a percentage of top rate.

That way, the more the drivers win, the more part timers win. So we’d all be on the same team.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
There really needs to be two different contracts. One for full timers and one for part timers. Part timers who will never have a career here shouldn’t have a say in our pensions, pay or other long term benefits. There’s not a company in the country that gives the part timers the health benefits that UPS does. That alone is worth 25k. They have nothing to complain about. The people I despise most in this world are the lazy cry babies that want a “living wage” for doing part time work an untrained monkey could do. You know why it’s called “living wage”? It’s not definable. Ask 100 people what living wage means and you’ll get 100 different answers.
Blah blah blah blah

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
We aren't going to be able to unionize Amazon if we don't fix pt wages and benefits.
Amazon here starts at $20, insurance from day 1. And $2000 sign on bonus.

UPS here. $15/hr. No benefits for 9 months. Senior employees telling you how hard they had it in 1989.
Screenshot_20221027_184550.jpg