I can’t keep quiet anymore

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
$10-20\mo for anyone over 50 to get burial insurance.
$65-100\mo for anyone that can get into a group, for medical.
Consider the $1300 yu will pay to the Teamster's, your dental fund.
Retirement is better handled by you!

UPS will not exist in the future.
willem-dafoe-creepy.gif

If you think you got screwed, it's because you did. The old timers in your building started at 8.50 in 1984.

Your payment got sold out for their benefits. You don't have to screw the next guy. We should all be as lucky as the old guys.
Here's an old guy who just might hit $90k this year working a PT job. Not saying every PT should make $90k but the company can do better than $15/hr.

nWo

Part time jobs aren’t meant to make a living off. I was working a 11-4 pizza delivery job during the week while working the twilight.. weekends working nights doing the same.. I will not be in favor of a contract mainly focused on part time pay rate when I started at 8.50 in 2016.

Yes. Most part timers have 2 or 3 jobs. I personally know part timers that are working another ft job so they can have healthcare.

Yolo

I'm with you guys. Screw part timers. This one part timer went on vacation. You know where this little :censored2: went? Gatlinburg Tennessee! Why the :censored2: does he deserve to go to Gatlinburg Tennessee? And I heard his wife loves him very much. My wife doesn't even speak to me? Why does he deserve a loving wife? HES A PART TIMER. And Both of his children ate last night? My children didn't eat because the horse track was fixed last Friday night. But shouldn't he give me his paycheck so my kids eat? I started here before he did so he deserves to be ridiculed. Piece of no good :censored2:.

Last edited:

Yolo

I will actively fight against a raise for myself if it means a no good part timer also gets a raise. This is why we pay union dues. We must ban together and fight for lower wages!

Yolo

So anyways I've been with UPS for 25 years. My main enemy is the 20 year old part timer that started 6 months ago. If it wasn't for this lil B I T C H we would be at $75/hr and we would clock out at 330 every day. We must make sure she can't afford her rent!

Nah
Part time jobs aren’t meant to make a living off. I was working a 11-4 pizza delivery job during the week while working the twilight.. weekends working nights doing the same.. I will not be in favor of a contract mainly focused on part time pay rate when I started at 8.50 in 2016.
You did not start at $8.50 in 2016.

Jerry the Mouse

Twenty bucks is pretty standard starting wage everywhere. Yep two jobs or one full time job.
I suggest working on the preload for a while and do what you can to mentor.
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I think this whole campaign is an attempt by management to break the solidarity of the drivers, and drive a wedge so the union won't start demanding that part-timers not exist, that every driver should be on full time scale--sorry, i'm not saying this right. If part timers just got what full timers get pro-rated, there would be no difference, and the management couldn't cheat by having part-timers "fill in."

Last edited:

wilberforce15

In my hub, the new hire starting rate has gotten so high, that 15 years of seniority is worth only a few bucks.

I have started working like the new guys to compensate. If I'm going to be paid like them, I'm going to work like them.

wilberforce15

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I think this whole campaign is an attempt by management to break the solidarity of the drivers, and drive a wedge so the union won't start demanding that part-timers not exist, that EVERY DRIVER SHOULD BE TREATED AS FULL TIME AND RECOMPENSED APPROPRIATELY. If part timers just got what full timers get pro-rated, there would be no difference, and the management couldn't cheat by having part-timers "fill in." There'd be no financial gain in it for them. As it is, they have everyone talking about just how cheaply the work CAN be done by part-timers.
And that is why everyone used to get paid the same.