I can’t keep quiet anymore

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm with you guys. Screw part timers. This one part timer went on vacation. You know where this little :censored2: went? Gatlinburg Tennessee! Why the :censored2: does he deserve to go to Gatlinburg Tennessee? And I heard his wife loves him very much. My wife doesn't even speak to me? Why does he deserve a loving wife? HES A PART TIMER. And Both of his children ate last night? My children didn't eat because the horse track was fixed last Friday night. But shouldn't he give me his paycheck so my kids eat? I started here before he did so he deserves to be ridiculed. Piece of no good :censored2:.

Tell your OLady to gimme a call

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I think this whole campaign is an attempt by management to break the solidarity of the drivers, and drive a wedge so the union won't start demanding that part-timers not exist, that every driver should be on full time scale--sorry, i'm not saying this right. If part timers just got what full timers get pro-rated, there would be no difference, and the management couldn't cheat by having part-timers "fill in."

Thanks for your contribution
Too bad it makes absolutely no sense

Box Handler of Dallas

Most part-timers do not have insurance, because most part-timers are under 9 months. At least in a lot of buildings.
For this part timer, the lure of the Mercedes Benz of benefits was the Cool Aid that kept me there 9 months. If UPS could afford to do MRA across the country last peak to attempt to lure seasonals in, they can afford to raise the starting wage to at least $20-$22 an hour. They should also make that increase across the board so every single one of us benefits, no matter how many years you've been there.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
For this part timer, the lure of the Mercedes Benz of benefits was the Cool Aid that kept me there 9 months. If UPS could afford to do MRA across the country last peak to attempt to lure seasonals in, they can afford to raise the starting wage to at least $20-$22 an hour. They should also make that increase across the board so every single one of us benefits, no matter how many years you've been there.
Your mistake is demanding the starting wage when you should ask for an all out raise of $5-7.50

JustDeliverIt

Most part-timers do not have insurance, because most part-timers are under 9 months. At least in a lot of buildings.

I guess we’re lucky here, you an earn your benefits in as little as 3 months, it’s all just minimum hours worked the previous quarter. Many years ago I started in the end of March, July 1 I had them. My loader started mid July this year, October 1 was covered.

What'dyabringmetoday???

It was hard to get your foot in the door because the pay was competitive and part timers received benefits. The pay is no longer competitive and the wait to receive benefits is astronomical.

UPS warehouse jobs used to be the highest paying in the industry with great benefits. Now it is the lowest paying in the industry with no benefits.
They get benefits in the building where I am. Weird...