I hate this place.

Indecisi0n

UPS sucks but I leave it at the gate and laugh on Fridays about how much they pay me to move cardboard, and when the medical bill summary comes with me owing $0.

I do not care one bit about UPS, it's strategy, brand image, new technology, etc. I am here to do a job well and go home. I care for my brothers who actually know what I am talking about because you have done the work inside the hub or out on road as well and get it.

If another company paid the same with the same benefits I could drive around in their truck with a pink flaccid penis on the side and I wouldn't care less.
I agree. I look forward to seeing how much the medical bill is. The doctor could add extra tests that he didn't even perform and I still wouldn't say anything. @#$' em

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
In the old days we had:
Cab over GMC Astro's with no power steering and no air ride on the cab.

You youngsters have power steering;
-air ride on the cab;
-tandem rear axles;
-conventional cabs meaning the driver sits, essentially, midway between the front and rear axles for the "rocking chair effect". In a cab over, every bump, pothole and expansion crack the front axle hits is transmitted up through the frame into the drivers spine and neck.

Your power steering means you are less likely to have two blown out shoulders when you retire.

Your automatic transmission means you will have a left knee when you retire.

You should be able to make it to retirement.

How many stops per hour were you making

Gimme a friend*in break

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
In the old days we had:

-air ride on the cab;
-tandem rear axles;
-conventional cabs meaning the driver sits, essentially, midway between the front and rear axles for the "rocking chair effect". In a cab over, every bump, pothole and expansion crack the front axle hits is transmitted up through the frame into the drivers spine and neck.

Your power steering means you are less likely to have two blown out shoulders when you retire.

And you walked to work in 10 feet of snow uphill both ways!

An automatic would be nice though.

Box Ox

In the old days we had:

-air ride on the cab;
-tandem rear axles;

Interesting. Lotta drivers on the verge of or recently retired miss the old days, say the job is a lot harder now, and that there's no way they'd be able to make 30 years if they started now.

Old timers on here can scream "MILLENIAL" all they want. But the truth is, they'd be complaining too if they had decades to go under the current workload.

The Slowest Preloader

It was an accident.
Interesting. Lotta drivers on the verge of or recently retired miss the old days, say the job is a lot harder now, and that there's no way they'd be able to make 30 years if they started now.

Old timers on here can scream "MILLENIAL" all they want. But the truth is, they'd be complaining too if they had decades to go under the current workload.

I will never drive. I see what happens to the inside of those trucks and how much bull:censored2: I have to put up with management and I'm only part time. I can only imagine how much that bull:censored2: escalates when you go full time.

trickpony1

How many stops per hour were you making

I didn't make stops per hour in feeder.

Here's your :censored2: break.

Oh... let me think back...no...I don't ever remember keeping you from signing a feeder bid sheet.

Have you ever driven a cab over GMC Astro that was popping the rivets out of the cab seams?...I didn't think so.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I didn't make stops per hour in feeder.

Here's your :censored2: break.

Oh... let me think back...no...I don't ever remember keeping you from signing a feeder bid sheet.

Have you ever driven a cab over GMC Astro that was popping the rivets out of the cab seams?...I didn't think so.

Cry me a river

Yeah that has to be rough
SMH!!

PT Car Washer

Sure the equipment was horrible but there also was no way UPS could micro manage the drivers like they can now. Your local management team was king and ran the operation. Now Center Managers are treated like overpaid PT sups while working a 100 hours a week. Driver sups are cover drivers when they are not training someone to do a job they can just barely do.