I hate this place.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
how much do they pay you for preloading? i could only do a warehouse job for maybe 3 or 4 hours everyday. anything more than that sucks. do something you like / is more tolerable.

it sounds depressing. alot of people hate their jobs because capitalism centralizes power / decision making which means a few people make rules that everyone else hates.

theres other jobs out there. you should look into dual citizenships because you may be eligible based on your grandparents / parents.

Hard to take someone serious that still lives in moms basement

I bet your awesome on the play station so ya got that going for
You

Heavy Package

alot of people hate their jobs because capitalism centralizes power / decision making which means a few people make rules that everyone else hates.

Whoa! Millennial alert! Millennial alert!

Millennials-video-games-600x338.jpg

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
To all of you who love working for UPS: I just ordered something from WalMart so get to work. I want it neatly on my porch, squared and level, with a regular knock on the door and doorbell rung. It's a little cloudy here today so make sure it has a DR bag. Otherwise I will call in with a bogus name and have you doing driver follow-ups for the next 3 days.
Accidentally left it on top of a steaming pile of dog crap on your back porch in the direct sunlight. Oh yeah, I forgot my d/r bag. Oopsie!

Observer

You'll find in life every job has its ups and downs- you have to pick and choose. You have to remember that millenials have no people skills- and that is why they use them for sups. Remember these are the people who think you need to have a trophy for everybody. Plus don't talk loud or they think you are yelling at them. It's actually hilarious because when you think about it- how can they really understand supervising anyone or anything - if mom is still doing everything for them at home. They don't know how to do laundry, clean their room, cook, mow the lawn - but they certainly know how to text and do snapchat. Consider the source. Just be glad they are not one of your relatives.

DOK

Ive been preloading for 2 years and I :censored2:ing hate it. Everyday is worse and worse and my supervisors are either bi polar smart-asses or hey I'm your buddy so you'll work fast for me right?

The insurance and paid vacations are great and they're the only reason I don't want to quit. So my question is this.

What happens if i just completely slow down? Like show up everyday on time and follow all rules but just not give a :censored2: about how fast I'm going and more focus quality like taping up packages and good load quality. Is there absolutely anything management can do?

Look I don't care if you think im some pusillanimous ass millennial or whatever I just want some answers because with this tendonitis in my knees and an umbilical Hernia at only 26 its either I'm bailing or working at a pace I can tolerate.

Any responses i appreciate

I don’t blame you, hated preload back in 80’s, Nothing has changed. I don’t mind driving though.

F

Frankie's Friend

I don’t blame you, hated preload back in 80’s, Nothing has changed. I don’t mind driving though.
Alot has chsnged. You load four cars witj 1200 pcs, scan each and every pkg, then the shelf sensor, the Lazy Boys and couches are normal and there are OV 70s. The average truck is at least an 800 or 1000, there sre few 500s left around here (2 to be exact and 1 is a air car) and the average day is the same as peak day in the early 90s.
Dont tell us nothing has changed including the faces of tje loaders every 6 to 8 months.

PT Car Washer

Alot has chsnged. You load four cars witj 1200 pcs, scan each and every pkg, then the shelf sensor, the Lazy Boys and couches are normal and there are OV 70s. The average truck is at least an 800 or 1000, there sre few 500s left around here (2 to be exact and 1 is a air car) and the average day is the same as peak day in the early 90s.
Dont tell us nothing has changed including the faces of tje loaders every 6 to 8 months.
You have veteran preloaders with 8 months seniority? Ours don't last 8 hours.I really can't blame them.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Ive been preloading for 2 years and I :censored2:ing hate it. Everyday is worse and worse and my supervisors are either bi polar smart-asses or hey I'm your buddy so you'll work fast for me right?

The insurance and paid vacations are great and they're the only reason I don't want to quit. So my question is this.

What happens if i just completely slow down? Like show up everyday on time and follow all rules but just not give a :censored2: about how fast I'm going and more focus quality like taping up packages and good load quality. Is there absolutely anything management can do?

Look I don't care if you think im some pusillanimous ass millennial or whatever I just want some answers because with this tendonitis in my knees and an umbilical Hernia at only 26 its either I'm bailing or working at a pace I can tolerate.

You’ve been here for two years, you’re in the Union, and you’re still not sure about managements capabilities? You pay union dues, so use your union. They can’t do anything unless you steal or show up drunk.

PT Car Washer

You’ve been here for two years, you’re in the Union, and you’re still not sure about managements capabilities? You pay union dues, so use your union. They can’t do anything unless you steal or show up drunk.
Depends on how drunk. May just send you home but most likely you will go load until you sober up. Falling down drunk could get you fired as I have seen that a couple times.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Depends on how drunk. May just send you home but most likely you will go load until you sober up. Falling down drunk could get you fired as I have seen that a couple times.
Why would they risk working somebody that is visibly impaired? But yeah if they need bodies that bad they’ll probly just send you home

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a 22.3 who showed up drunk to the point where she could not pick up her scanner from the box. UPS made sure to follow protocol to the letter by having 3 members of management get involved. We heard that she blew a .24 on the breathalyzer. There was nothing the Union could to do help her get her job back.

Airwoman18

I remember when I 1st started I didn't keep up with their numbers. Until I reached out to the union and started to find my way. It's all a silly game. Life is what you make it. Same here. Make it what you want. I think I'm here to stay.

UPS Preloader

Over the last 5 years I’ve slowed down more and more each year. Not because I don’t want to do the work, but because I’ve chosen to do the job the way it should be done. I follow the methods and work safely. Don’t get me wrong, I still work hard, but I won’t kill myself for this company. I care about the work I do and I want to do a good job for my drivers, but I don’t give a crap about the compant itself. If the company just up and disappeared tomorrow, I would miss my health insurance, and I would feel bad for all of those that need this job. But I could care less about UPS.