I just applied for a PT package handler position

Poop Head

Judge me.
center*

But I learned today that we move an almost-equal amount of volume per day as the Alexandria, VA hub.

It was actually amazing until the new preload supe' and building manager tag-teamed the building by rollling in at the same time about 3 weeks ago. Now? Yep. Feels like a labor camp some days.

[EDIT: As far as being tied down... Only my immediate family is local, but I'm born and raised in my area, you know? This is home to me and always will be, no matter how much it changes over the years. I've moved away a few times-- college, girlfriend, just trying a roommate situation out-- but I always end up back in my hometown, which is basically a suburban city nowadays (if that makes any sense.)

I've been putting out applications but I really want to get out to Washington or Colorado, for obvious reasons to the well-informed. Alaska would actually be dope for the type of person I am, but it's so wide-spread and I only know two people in the state, and one town that's more like a village than a town so... yeah...]
Personally I think Oregon > Washington or Colorado regarding this reasons. Things couldaa changed since I've been there last though (little over a year)

J

jibbs

Personally I think Oregon > Washington or Colorado regarding this reasons. Things couldaa changed since I've been there last though (little over a year)

My brother's family's out in Seattle, though, and I love it out there. Plus I have niece that was born in November whose life I'd love to be a part of.

Just damn far from the DC Metro area, is all.

Over 70

Your skin had better get a hell of alot thicker if you're gonna work here. If a few people get you worked up over the internet this isnt a job you can handle.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
image.jpeg

MiiMee

Yes, I am new. I haven't interviewed yet. Someone used that term so I was trying to understand what it meant. He actually answered it right away, so I know what a feeder is now.

Not sure if this is a serious question or sarcastic because your post count is low so I'm assuming you may be new?

But anyways, feeders are the trailers that preload unloads out of and (I forget which but) another shift loads. At least in my building, they load and unload feeders on separate shifts. Not sure if they do it all during the preload at other hubs and centers.

[EDIT: Ahhh, beaten to the punch. Yeah. Tractor trailers, lol.]

And that's only if you're working a shift/building that actually gives you official breaks. Here? You just make sure you're clean and go do what you gotta do as fast as you can, hoping you've got a friendly enough neighbor to at least pull for you if you can't clear the belt first for whatever reason. It's a little easier on the guys at the bottom of the belts, though, for sure.

frivolous petty small.

I unload five to six trailers a day. Two 53 footers and usually three short trucks.

Each short truck, I was told, usually has 750 to 1000 packages loaded.

The 53 footers, more than double that.

Do the math.
You must not have unloaded a trailer that I loaded. I am not saying I pack them high and tight, I am saying I have lots of airspace.

Poop Head

Judge me.
You must not have unloaded a trailer that I loaded. I am not saying I pack them high and tight, I am saying I have lots of airspace.
Those are the worst!!!!! It's a heap of dogshiy when you open the door cuz everything shifts and locks into the nastiest possible Tetris scenario.
You might as well blow them in with a snow blower!!

Also; do you work in cach?

MynameisNeigan

Hi Guys,

I just applied for a part-time package handler position, solely for the purpose of losing weight. The healthcare is just an added bonus. I have a few questions. I chose the night shift. Can I work with a scarf on my head? Are women allowed to wear nail polish? Is there any way to work 3-hour shifts or do you just work until the daily load is complete? Thanks in advance!

in my hub they tend to keep girls on the computers. Not much of physical work for them unless you can load or unload trailers. That's where the workout is. Night sort is normally longer than 3 hours. Twilight is normally 3-4 hours.

1. Yes
2. Yes.
3. No, but yes. If you're a loader ask your supervisor. They'll probably look at you and laugh privately about it; however, if he/she has a large enough staff to afford it they may be willing. Seriously probably not though.

W

What The Hawk?

I enjoy being a preloader, wear layers not dress code just use common sense and you work your ass off until the trucks are done. I lost 40lbs. :)