I retired after 21yrs Ramp Agent/Courier

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Dumb question #648--Does FedEx have a pension program?
Yes and no. FedEx has a Traditional Pension that was replaced with a Portable Pension around 2008. The amount paid out under the TP was capped years ago and anyone hired after, I believe 2008, does not get that. Old timers get both. The Portable Pension is nowhere near as much of a monthly payout as the TP but was talked up as being a great thing because if one leaves FedEx, they can take it with them.

Serf

Yes and no. FedEx has a Traditional Pension that was replaced with a Portable Pension around 2008. The amount paid out under the TP was capped years ago and anyone hired after, I believe 2008, does not get that. Old timers get both. The Portable Pension is nowhere near as much of a monthly payout as the TP but was talked up as being a great thing because if one leaves FedEx, they can take it with them.
Correct. And if you somehow manage to do 20+ years at Express your Portable Pension net balance lump sum would be about what the cost of a brand new Toyota Camry retails for. If you choose annuity option, it's about 100$ a month for life. This is big money in Vietnam.

Serf

Lol. Power & Light district is awesome in KC. So is the WW 1 monument downtown. Sweet little steak house in the train station across the street where the St. Valentine's Day massacre happened.
Or wait, maybe KC massacre. Pretty boy Floyd mobster. Either way. It's got heart.

SmithBarney

I flew direct from Orlando to Kansas City for $54 with our discount. Plane was 2/3rds full, plenty of seats.
oooh flights are ~$80 ORL to MCI, $30 savings to possibly get bumped? No thanks
Like I said they get real flight benefits, fly somewhere real with your family. ;)

Bingo

Correct. And if you somehow manage to do 20+ years at Express your Portable Pension net balance lump sum would be about what the cost of a brand new Toyota Camry retails for. If you choose annuity option, it's about 100$ a month for life. This is big money in Vietnam.
It is not a great plan but a little better then what you quote. After 14 years 2005-2019 my life annuity is 221 a month- 2 years as a pt courier and 12 years as a ft courier. (working a ave of 36-37 hours a week)

MAKAVELI

It is not a great plan but a little better then what you quote. After 14 years 2005-2019 my life annuity is 221 a month- 2 years as a pt courier and 12 years as a ft courier. (working a ave of 36-37 hours a week)
Your age also plays into the percentage of earnings put into your portable potty account. Someone younger with the same amount of years of service gets a lower %.

vantexan

and i flew dtw-icn-dtw regularly for 64.00, back in the day... yer point?
My point is show me how many of the public at large get 75% off(or more) to fly anywhere? It's a perfectly fine benefit to have. Fill out the form, send it in by email, show up with I.D.. I'm glad I held on til 55 to get it.

Last edited:

Csdsm18

After 14yrs of service that's what you get from the portable pension 221 a month?