I retired after 21yrs Ramp Agent/Courier

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
FedEx doesn't start dumping real money into the Port-a-Potty Pension until you hit around 20 years of service AND 60 years of age. At that point you should be seeing $10K+ per year deposited to your account.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
oooh flights are ~$80 ORL to MCI, $30 savings to possibly get bumped? No thanks
Like I said they get real flight benefits, fly somewhere real with your family. ;)

The last domestic interline RT flight I took to Las Vegas and it was less than $100. Nonstop both ways. The website we use now gives you a good idea of the available capacity of each flight. Southwest is less likely to overbook and I've never had any issues flying interline with them.

Alternatively Southwest has a credit card deal that you can re-do every 2 or 3 years where you get a crapload of miles to use if you charge a certain amount on your card.

Serf

It is not a great plan but a little better then what you quote. After 14 years 2005-2019 my life annuity is 221 a month- 2 years as a pt courier and 12 years as a ft courier. (working a ave of 36-37 hours a week)
Hmmmmmm. 221$ monthly annuity. Mind me asking what the lump sum payout option would have been?

SmithBarney

The last domestic interline RT flight I took to Las Vegas and it was less than $100. Nonstop both ways. The website we use now gives you a good idea of the available capacity of each flight. Southwest is less likely to overbook and I've never had any issues flying interline with them.

Alternatively Southwest has a credit card deal that you can re-do every 2 or 3 years where you get a crapload of miles to use if you charge a certain amount on your card.

Yeah but you are a single low life, who flys alone to vegas for hookers and blow.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
A guy with a hot wife doesn't need snow.
Surely you mean this
d48f4811272368f26c69de40efd4081d.jpg

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So if she's not hot you need drugs? Shallow much?

I can say "I like the color blue" and some people hear that and their immediate reaction is something along the lines of "Why do you hate red????" I don't know if guys whose wives are ugly need drugs. Go ask one and maybe he'll tell you.

abused.crr

Mon, Sep 30 was my last day on the job after 21 years. I made the minimum age (60) for full retirements and I felt that since peak was just around the corner now is a good time to leave. Today, Oct 1st I started my job as a ramp agent with Southwest Airlines. FedEx has been good to me. Everything we own (home, cars, clothes, and food) I thank FedEx. Work rules have changed, traffic is nuts, and always the threat of bad weather, so I took the earliest opportunity (while my body is still in top shape) and submitted my retirement paperwork. It was time to leave. Southwest has a union and a “10” step wage progression in place that works. Even though the FedEx volume is down and we’re not doing any Amazon dels, we still have to make the same drive and your Manager will make sure you’re back earlier to get off the close clock sooner. Thanks to all you guys and gals who share your personal insights and experience. Best of luck

Congratulations and enjoy! I love hearing stories like this! But did Fedex pay for your house, cars, and all that stuff, or did you pay for it with your hard work and great work ethic. You did it brother! Not Fedex! Enjoy your retirement.

dezguy

I can say "I like the color blue" and some people hear that and their immediate reaction is something along the lines of "Why do you hate red????" I don't know if guys whose wives are ugly need drugs. Go ask one and maybe he'll tell you.
Do you hate red?