I think I'm on to something here......

Aquaman

Good point. Corporations are not ran like a democracy. They are actually ran like some communist dictatorship. You have your CEO or Dear Leader and nothing but yes men/women surrounding the Dear Leader. In a communist country, you tell the Dear Leader that isn't a good idea and you might face a firing squad. In corporate Amerika, you tell the Dear Leader that's not a good idea and you'll be excommunicated (fired). The yes minions would rather go down with the ship along with the Dear Leader rather than rock the boat.
One of the biggest problems with America is people live too big. When you have a $2,000,000 house. You can’t risk that job. You won’t step out of line and bring up problems with the grand design. It’s the same way all the way down the line. Seniors won’t complain. Ops managers won’t complain. Nobody wants to speak up.

NC man

Like when a truck driver on a message board decides that any and all operational issues could easily be fixed and that he can make smart financial decisions for a multibillion dollar global company? Like that?

Asking for a friend.

DRA was a massive fail,how many ops mgrs went to senior mgr and said so and why? How many Sr mgrs went to their boss and said same and so on. Probably none.
When dra sends you to stop one and stop two is 20 min away how is that logical.when dra sends two routes to same neighborhood how is that logical? Computers,garbage in garbage out.

AB831

FedEx management is the gold standard of Dunning-Kruger and the Peter Principle. Because most managers are former drivers who have no qualifications beyond the AIM program, you end up with company full of operations managers whose only professional know how is regurgitating the BS that is given to them from their bosses. They aren’t taught how to manage money or lead people or anything like that. Outside the four walls of FedEx, they don’t have the real world skills to manage a Taco Bell, but because they rose a rank in FedEx, they delude themselves into thinking they are smart, capable decision makers who have something that the rest of the couriers don’t. The only thing they have that any driver doesn’t is a completely unearned sense of arrogance and self-importance.

bacha29

FedEx management is the gold standard of Dunning-Kruger and the Peter Principle. Because most managers are former drivers who have no qualifications beyond the AIM program, you end up with company full of operations managers whose only professional know how is regurgitating the BS that is given to them from their bosses. They aren’t taught how to manage money or lead people or anything like that. Outside the four walls of FedEx, they don’t have the real world skills to manage a Taco Bell, but because they rose a rank in FedEx, they delude themselves into thinking they are smart, capable decision makers who have something that the rest of the couriers don’t. The only thing they have that any driver doesn’t is a completely unearned sense of arrogance and self-importance.
Whether it's done the easy or the hard way Fat Freddy will in the end have to consolidate operations into 1 modern streamlined operation. As long as there was plenty of cheap fuel and cheap labor around he didn't need to up to now.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Like when a truck driver on a message board decides that any and all operational issues could easily be fixed and that he can make smart financial decisions for a multibillion dollar global company? Like that?

Asking for a friend.
Tell your friend that it wasn't the truck drivers that abandoned the standards that built the company, the equivalent compensation advances of the industry, the complete dismantling of P-S-P, or the hiring/promoting into management with the same inadequate training/skills that truck drivers are given/required.

NC man

The Hans Christian Andersen book "The Emperor's New Clothes" is very representative of what happens in business and politics.

People would rather keep living and perpetuating an obvious falsehood or lie, rather than challenge it and face certain negative consequences.

Hammer meet nail, yes men to the left ,yes men to the right

AB831

Asking for a friend.
Saying that FedEx management does a terrible job is not the same as saying "I could do better." The two are unrelated.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
One of the biggest problems with America is people live too big. When you have a $2,000,000 house. You can’t risk that job. You won’t step out of line and bring up problems with the grand design. It’s the same way all the way down the line. Seniors won’t complain. Ops managers won’t complain. Nobody wants to speak up.
Wow, sounds like you really have it figured out!

59 Dano

DRA was a massive fail,how many ops mgrs went to senior mgr and said so and why? How many Sr mgrs went to their boss and said same and so on. Probably none.When dra sends you to stop one and stop two is 20 min away how is that logical.when dra sends two routes to same neighborhood how is that logical? Computers,garbage in garbage out.
Lots of them complained. Lots will complain about any issues with Estar. And like with DRA, there will be some things that can be improved upon and others that can't. The challenge of DRA (and any routing program) is splitting up commit times, especially between different zip codes that have differing commit times.

No one has figured out yet how to consistently make routing software work in such situations and it probably won't happen anytime soon. It's a process. It takes time. The technology isn't there yet.

59 Dano

Sounds like a spot-on description of yourself. I remember a certain conversation when you tried to argue with me over what state I live in.
I made a comment about it. You remember it as an argument? That's on you.

59 Dano

A failed courier's gripe about management. Applause!