I want to live in I.E. world

ToolonginBrown

Why is my creditability suspect here? My first stop is 42 miles from my center. The actual time allowance for one way is 20 minutes. I drive a 10 year old P700 with a top speed of 73mph. My last pickup is 43 miles out with the same allowance. With traffic the best I can do is 41 minutes one way.

pretzel_man

Why is my creditability suspect here? My first stop is 42 miles from my center. The actual time allowance for one way is 20 minutes. I drive a 10 year old P700 with a top speed of 73mph. My last pickup is 43 miles out with the same allowance. With traffic the best I can do is 41 minutes one way.

Toolong:

What did they tell you? Did they say the to/from allowance is 20 minutes?

IE does not record allowances in package as time to a stop.

Did you see it in the dispatch system? That time is not an IE allowance. Its a guide based on averages for the dispatcher.

By the way, those averages are came from the drivers' actual miles. They are not very good by stop, but very accurate for a whole loop or unit.

P-Man

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
IT might be that your area, the whole area) was time studied a while back. And the closest area of what you now run might very well be only 20 minutes out from the center. And that is the "normal allowance" for your area.

We had the same issue here, but the other way around.

There are long strips of highway that have business stops on them. To boost the on area allowances, drivers were given a couple of packages for a couple of stops to show they started closer to the building. That increases their on area miles, and boosts their ability to beat standards for the regular route.

For a while it got so bad that several businesses down the hwy had as many as 4-5 UPS trucks making a delivery at the same time to the business, all with one or two packages.

Sure made the numbers look good, but I cant see how that actually helped UPS make any money on the time spent.

To me, it was a manipulation of the system that was very dishonest, and should have gotten several people fired. Instead, they promoted them all.

Go figure.

d

pretzel_man

That time is from the last time study and that's what I was told.

TooLong:

Someone told you wrong. Time studies don't work that way.

To really see if the IE allowance is wrong, you would need to find out what the TOTAL time allowed for travel was. It will be broken into To/From and On Area.

P-Man