Ibt Getting Nervous

any122

adirondack man
The teamsters thugs and the Hoffa supporters have been showing up at APWA meetings and have even gone as far as assulting people.This just goes to show you how scared and what a threat the APWA has become to HOFFA and his thugs.Just to let people know we the employees will not be intimidated by the on ethical treatment that the teamster thugs think they can inforce upon the employees that want a viable,positive,and stronger alternative union representation.We the employees will not tolorate a union that does not have the interest of the employees at hand.We need a union that will serve its membership and represent are interest by dealing effectively with UPS management with respect to wage,working conditions and to protect and safeguard the employees pensions, health care and other benefits which we have earned.AS for the IBT they have done nothing but make deep cuts into pension benefits,have done nothing for part timers and will continue to make cuts as they get richer off the hard earned moneys of the employees of UPS.I say do the right thing and stand tall the APWA is the better way!

mittam

The teamsters thugs and the Hoffa supporters have been showing up at APWA meetings and have even gone as far as assulting people.This just goes to show you how scared and what a threat the APWA has become to HOFFA and his thugs.Just to let people know we the employees will not be intimidated by the on ethical treatment that the teamster thugs think they can inforce upon the employees that want a viable,positive,and stronger alternative union representation.We the employees will not tolorate a union that does not have the interest of the employees at hand.We need a union that will serve its membership and represent are interest by dealing effectively with UPS management with respect to wage,working conditions and to protect and safeguard the employees pensions, health care and other benefits which we have earned.AS for the IBT they have done nothing but make deep cuts into pension benefits,have done nothing for part timers and will continue to make cuts as they get richer off the hard earned moneys of the employees of UPS.I say do the right thing and stand tall the APWA is the better way!
AMEN Any, great thread you said it all

badpal

I almost wonder if that has something to do with the early contract talks. UPS and the teamsters sign a quick long term contract then the AWPA withers on the vine?

any122

adirondack man
We the employees cannot follow someone who can't write a paragraph properly. ;)
Hey bottom feeder don't worry about how I write a paragraph.Go clean the algae out of your pond and why your at it maybe you can work on getting the algae out of the corrupt ,dishonest union you belong to.After all thats the importen issues you need to be worken on if you care about your brothers touch hole!:thumbup1:

number_one

Super Bo
I'M WITH STLFEEDER:ANY122 SEE IF YOU CAN'T DOWNLOAD A SESAME STREET VERSION OF SPELLCHECK. OR I DON'T KNOW , LEARN SPANISH SO THAT WHEN YOU BUTCHER THE LANGUAGE AT LEAST STLFEEDER AND I WON'T EVEN PICK UP ON IT !!!!MAYBE HOFFA'S TEAM IS SLACKING OFF WITH YOU BUT IF SO HOLD THEIR FEET TO THE FIRE; FILE GRIEVANCES , CALL THE UNION HALL AND YOUR BUSINESS AGENT OFTEN, ATTEND LOCAL MEETINGS AND VOICE YOUR OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
There you go. You just said something about the teamster's thugging you around and your gonna take the same approach. The biggest problem with our Union today is that the members don't get involved enough. We need to start at the top and clean house. When they don't hear from enough of us they think we don't care and that they can do what they want.

Get involved with your Union. Make your voice heard.. Splitting us up isn't going to do anything but make the execs happy. Lets stick together and make our union work for us...

brett636

I almost wonder if that has something to do with the early contract talks. UPS and the teamsters sign a quick long term contract then the AWPA withers on the vine?

I dunno what dumb and dumber are saying up there, but the APWA will wither on the vine either way. Even if they can get their name out to every teamster in the company they won't sway enough people to vote them in. The only good that will come from them is it will get the teamsters to act in their member's favor like they are supposed to be doing anyway.

southerngrits

UPSFreight Greenville SC
I dunno what dumb and dumber are saying up there, but the APWA will wither on the vine either way. Even if they can get their name out to every teamster in the company they won't sway enough people to vote them in. The only good that will come from them is it will get the teamsters to act in their member's favor like they are supposed to be doing anyway.

whah!!!!!!

mikey1947

Tennessee
I will have to agree with Brett636, we have to fix what we have for the good of all of us! The Teamsters dont realize it but this is not the mid 50's when there was no communication about what was going on with our Union.We are better educated and have all types of ways to find out the truth. We all have to vote and change our Union to make it one that we will all be proud of! A split between two Unions is not in our best interest. Just my opionion!!!

J

Just Brown

Ya everybody listen to Brett, the little kid with his fingers in his ears that doesn't like what he hears.

mittam

How will the APWA wither away? They started this accorrding to the laws of labor unions, they have till August 2008 to get into office whether or not UPS and the teamsters settle on an early long term contract.

tieguy

Banned
The teamsters thugs and the Hoffa supporters have been showing up at APWA meetings and have even gone as far as assulting people.!

If thats true then you should file charges against them. I'm certainly not a union guy but would be inclined to believe that any such activity is not condoned by the teamsters leadership.

wkmac

If thats true then you should file charges against them. I'm certainly not a union guy but would be inclined to believe that any such activity is not condoned by the teamsters leadership.

Tie,
I appreciate what you're saying but think again about just this one part for a second.

"would be inclined to believe that any such activity is not condoned by the teamsters leadership."

When you consider the history of the IBT and even consider some of the acts that took place during the 1997' UPS strike and the fact as I see it where virtually nothing was done to stop or prevent such actions from happening in the first place, this statement, although honest and genuine on your part, just doesn't work.

At one union meeting at our local I got up in disgust and left when 2 pieces of :censored2: got up in front of the group and began to brag about going and "kicking some ass" here and "we kicked some ass" there (obvious they gave specific locations) and I am at least proud to say that the 2 were not UPSers but what really made matters even worse was the fact that several parents had brought their kids to this meeting and for them to see and hear adults talk and act like that. And the Local leadership (who are no longer in office) sat on their hands and allowed this discourse to continue unabated.

On principle Tie, you are completely correct but IMO this union has no principle and it's own ability to articulate a good and principled discourse of why a union is needed and specifically why the IBT and what the IBT can do to bring a better worklife and non worklife for the employee to the table is nowhere to be found. Without this the only thing left is thuggery and when honest discourse presents itself, it descends to the only option left to qwell dissent. I also understand that folks who supported Leedham over Hoffa at the recent convention were at the least verbally abused and vocally prevented from voicing their message and you can bet although on it's face it appeared Hoffa was arms length from such childish behavior, he was in reality elbows deep I'm sure. For the record I support neither Hoffa or Leedham as I trust neither and would love a "none of the above" box on the ballot.

I believe people have the right to voice opinions in favor of the APWA and at the same time I also believe any person has the right to stand up and ask the hard questions that need to be asked of the APWA and even voice a position of dissent and objection but in all cases it should be done with respect and civility in all matters. I just don't believe this is the case in this union and until someone proves me wrong and shows me real change I will continue with that opinion.

any122

adirondack man
Don't bet on it.I can gurentee you the IBT promotes this activity.You should take a look at some of the tapes of the union thugs during the past.They even shot one of are drivers who can no longer work due to his injurys.I will Quote HOFFA.We will organize OVERNITE or we will put them out of buisness.I say to him now even if we are UPSfrieght the IBT has a better chance of gettting Fedx then getting UPSfrieght.You watch and see how real brothers stickand stand together!LIKE I SAID THE IBT WILL NEVER GET UPS FRIEGHT NEVER!