IBT MASTER PROPOSAL

brown_trousers

6 day forced work week is exactly what the Teamsters are against.
70 hour feeder week and a 60 hour delivery week is more than enough for everyone.

Plus, Abney's 70 hour forced request should have been bargained.

I dont disagree. I just dont straddle the line on what side of the equation im on. At some point in time, people need to decide if they want a bunch of overtime and a large paycheck, or less hours and a smaller paycheck.

I want less hours. I for one love the idea of working 4 10s. Especially if that means only working 40 hours a week. I value time off more than an excessive paycheck. Sure my savings account is looking good right now, but i know i sacrificed a lot of family memories to get there.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I dont disagree. I just dont straddle the line on what side of the equation im on. At some point in time, people need to decide if they want a bunch of overtime and a large paycheck, or less hours and a smaller paycheck.

I want less hours. I for one love the idea of working 4 10s. Especially if that means only working 40 hours a week. I value time off more than an excessive paycheck. Sure my savings account is looking good right now, but i know i sacrificed a lot of family memories to get there.
Giving up overtime after 8 hours is unacceptable and a disservice to those who came before us.

With this Company, your "4 10's" will most assuredly be 4 12's and you will be out 4 hours of OT.

Please put that broken proposal out of your head and join the "dive team" instead.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The fact that UPS proposed four 10's (and even three 12's) confirms my long time suspicion that OT costs are trending towards overtaking the costs of benefits for additional employees.

Think about it @brown_trousers ....don't tap out now!!!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The fact that UPS proposed four 10's (and even three 12's) confirms my long time suspicion that OT costs are trending towards overtaking the costs of benefits for additional employees.

I've always said, a double-time OT rate would force more delivery routes in.
It would have little effect on inside workers though.

brown_trousers

I've always said, a double-time OT rate would force more delivery routes in.
It would have little effect on inside workers though.

Sounds good in theory, but by the time the union negotiates it, it will turn into an overly complicated mess of contract language, that will be completely ineffective.

Im sure the original idea behind 9.5 language was simple and effective, but look how that turned out.... and then turned out AGAIN when we renegotiated it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Sounds good in theory, but by the time the union negotiates it, it will turn into an overly complicated mess of contract language, that will be completely ineffective.

Im sure the original idea behind 9.5 language was simple and effective, but look how that turned out.... and then turned out AGAIN when we renegotiated it.
The "9.5 language" is working great for me, in an incredibly weak local???

I'm not sure what your talking about?

brown_trousers

Actually you nailed that one. Thats exactly what i am doing. I am tapping out.

Ive waited a decade for the union to do something... anything at all. The best the union could do was 9.5. I truly just dont have faith that the union is capable of fixing the overtime issue.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Chicken or the egg???....more like apples and oranges.

I think your indictment is severely misplaced.

These employees are being required to get up in the middle of the night, drive to the hub, and subsequently worked like pack mules for what equates to a little more than minimum wage for maybe 4 hours, all the while being berated by some snot nosed part time supervisor who couldn't meet the Company's inflated expectations either.

After taxes, union dues, and gas; they are lucky to bring home $26 a day.

While I agree with you in the assertion that full time employees do not need to differ raises to the part time ranks and identify with the frustration of the pitiful outcome of the preload, make no mistake, the Company is absolutely getting "what they pay for".

The truth is, the Company can and should pay these part timers more....and not at the expense of any other classification.
In turn, the Company will then be in a much better position to hold them accountable for their efforts.

I’m not saying it’s an easy job, and they are certainly underpaid, for the amount of work they do. But most part timers toss pay out on the complaint list first, not amount of work, pension, or benefits. Just my observation. Would they do the same job if they had benefits in their check, and made say $30 an hour? I would bet the same preloaders would still not sequentially load, and create a mess daily.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I’m not saying it’s an easy job, and they are certainly underpaid, for the amount of work they do. But most part timers toss pay out on the complaint list first, not amount of work, pension, or benefits. Just my observation. Would they do the same job if they had benefits in their check, and made say $30 an hour? I would bet the same preloaders would still not sequentially load, and create a mess daily.
I believe they would, because for $30/hr there would be a line out the door for the job, allowing UPS to hold them accountable for their work.

As it is, they can't keep them, so "they get what they pay for".

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I believe they would, because for $30/hr there would be a line out the door for the job, allowing UPS to hold them accountable for their work.

As it is, they can't keep them, so "they get what they pay for".
I’m not gonna say I know the exact number. But what is the benefit package worth? Along with the part time pension, close to $30 an hour?

Now stop red x ing me and just argue brother.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Interesting. I wonder if we made a poll here on this forum, on whether 9.5 has fixed the issue. What would the results be? I would actually be curious to see the results
Make sure to include “Was violated but never bothered to grieve” as an option. I’m sure it will flourish.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I’m not gonna say I know the exact number. But what is the benefit package worth? Along with the part time pension, close to $30 an hour?

Now stop red x ing me and just argue brother.
Doesn't matter the number, now that the Union controls the healthcare plan and it's contributions.

They will never allow part timers to opt-out of healthcare in lieu of hourly compensation.

That ship has sailed....

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
HAHAHAHAHA YES

its called 1000 pieces in >5 hours, not 1200 in 4.75