IBT MASTER PROPOSAL

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
So who then goes full time? ALL outside hires? Sounds like your filled with excuses.
Excuses are the tools of losers. And losers build monuments of nothingness.
their already hiring a ton of outside help, who do you think their calling if we strike

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Quit throwing it in the middle of the truck then. At my building, preloaders are either blind or completely stupid
Chicken or the egg. Take a little pride in your work too. So sick of that excuse, you want premium pay for a brain dead job?
Chicken or the egg???....more like apples and oranges.

I think your indictment is severely misplaced.

These employees are being required to get up in the middle of the night, drive to the hub, and subsequently worked like pack mules for what equates to a little more than minimum wage for maybe 4 hours, all the while being berated by some snot nosed part time supervisor who couldn't meet the Company's inflated expectations either.

After taxes, union dues, and gas; they are lucky to bring home $26 a day.

While I agree with you in the assertion that full time employees do not need to differ raises to the part time ranks and identify with the frustration of the pitiful outcome of the preload, make no mistake, the Company is absolutely getting "what they pay for".

The truth is, the Company can and should pay these part timers more....and not at the expense of any other classification.
In turn, the Company will then be in a much better position to hold them accountable for their efforts.

Last edited:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
you get what you pay for
Do we have a breakdown of the the part-time vs full-time yes/no vote?

Hate to step on your Twinkies and kick over your Red Bull, BUT.....

These contracts should be and will be skewed to effect people that have been here 15 years over people who have been here 1 !!!!
The contracts for new hires and their pay scale put a minimum wage, it's UPS who doesn't pay more for better quality.
You guys and gals keep thinking the Teamsters are screwing you when it's the company.

UPS has already shown to give bonuses and more money for rental holiday workers.
They do this to get better applicants AND for you to compare your wage and be pissed off at your own union !!!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Chicken or the egg???....more like apples and oranges.

I think your indictment is severely misplaced.

These employees are being asked to get up in the middle of the night, drive to the hub, and worked like pack mules for what equates to a little more than minimum wage for maybe 4 hours, all the while being berated by some snot nosed part time supervisor who couldn't meet the Company's inflated expectations either.

After taxes, union dues, and gas; they are lucky to bring home $26 a day.

While I agree with you in the assertion that full time employees do not need to differ raises to the part time ranks and identify with the frustration of the pitiful outcome of the preload, make no mistake, the Company is absolutely getting "what they pay for".

The truth is, the Company can and should pay these part timers more....and not at the expense of any other classification.

They work less than 4 hours for full rate health insurance and labor rights and now they can go work another part time job afterwards for more money.
You're talking like these 4 hour preloaders should be able to afford a mortgage, FFS it's a starting point not the end of their careers.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
They work less than 4 hours for full rate health insurance and labor rights and now they can go work another part time job afterwards for more money.
You're talking like these 4 hour preloaders should be able to afford a mortgage, FFS it's a starting point not the end of their careers.
No, from the beginning it was mostly college students working for twice the minimum wage, then going on to class.
They rarely cared less about the benefits.

Now, it's middle aged single mothers, landscapers, and handymen working for minimum wage hoping to last a year for the benefits.

Reality is that very few stick it out, creating a revolving door and a part time culture that even the Company regrets.

It's high time for both the Company and Union to clean up the mess they have created over the past two decades.

Last edited:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
No, from the beginning it was mostly college students working for twice the minimum wage, then going on to class.
They rarely cared less about the benefits.

Now, it's single mothers, landscapers, and handymen working for minimum wage hoping to last a year for the benefits.

Reality is that very few stick it out, creating a revolving door and a part time culture that even the Company regrets.

It's high time for both the Company and Union to clean up the mess they have created over the past two decades.

If a guy quits/leaves UPS because they pay 12/hr and goes to work for McDonald's that pays 14/hr, that guy deserves to work at McD !!!!!
Again, the contract wage scales are (minimum), UPS can raise pay on it's own, they do it for helpers and inside peak work.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If a guy quits/leaves UPS because they pay 12/hr and goes to work for McDonald's that pays 14/hr, that guy deserves to work at McD !!!!!
Again, the contract wage scales are (minimum), UPS can raise pay on it's own, they do it for helpers and inside peak work.
....and UPS (and you) deserve the crappy load you receive.

Garbage in, garbage out....you get what you pay for.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
....and UPS (and you) deserve the crappy load you receive.

Garbage in, garbage out....you get what you pay for.

It's been apparent for a few years that UPS does not care about load quality one bit.
When pushed in a corner, they'll say it's their top priority but they just want the packages in the trucks as fast as possible.

Honestly, preloaders are pushed way to much and I know i'd do a :censored2:ty job if I was thrown into that fire this minute.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
It's been apparent for a few years that UPS does not care about load quality one bit.
When pushed in a corner, they'll say it's their top priority but they just want the packages in the trucks as fast as possible.

Honestly, preloaders are pushed way to much and I know i'd do a :censored2:ty job if I was thrown into that fire this minute.
it is hard on part timers and full timers and ups is doing nothing about the increased volume. Loaders dont like loading trucks that are full front to back. Drivers dont like delivering trucks like that

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
it is hard on part timers and full timers and ups is doing nothing about the increased volume. Loaders dont like loading trucks that are full front to back. Drivers dont like delivering trucks like that

I agree, that's why this whole 70 hour peak rule pissed me off.
Delivery drivers are forced to work everyday like it's peak, so you shouldn't expect your employees to take it up a level.
Abney purposefully didn't hire enough workers and then took it upon himself to force as many drivers to 6 day weeks when it backfired.

The union does what it can to make sure UPS is fully staffed.
All we can do is file grievances when supervisors work so your Business agents are aware of the understaffing.

brown_trousers

I agree, that's why this whole 70 hour peak rule :censored2: me off.
Delivery drivers are forced to work everyday like it's peak, so you shouldn't expect your employees to take it up a level.

Its because we are not all one the same page. Some people make a huge stink over making more money, making more overtime. Wanting to maximize their paycheck.

Other people make a stink about about working too much, they want less hours, more days off, which equates to less money.

In mathematical terms, these two ideas are inversely proportional.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Its because we are not all one the same page. Some people make a huge stink over making more money, making more overtime. Wanting to maximize their paycheck.

Other people make a stink about about working too much, they want less hours, more days off, which equates to less money.

In mathematical terms, these two ideas are inversely proportional.

6 day forced work week is exactly what the Teamsters are against.
70 hour feeder week and a 60 hour delivery week is more than enough for everyone.

Plus, Abney's 70 hour forced request should have been bargained.