IBT-On Topic

RDL

Nope.

But the IBT and IBS do have something in common.

You must take action to "fix" either one.
I assume you put that word in quotations because neither are viably fixable as it stands. Like IBS being completely involuntary and unpredictable, so too is the IBT. Well, other than the fact that they will stoop to unpredictable lows to predictably roll over for Big Brown.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I assume you put that word in quotations because neither are viably fixable as it stands.

Nope.

I put that in quotes because maybe the IBT, nor IBS, needs "fixing".

You can live with either one if you can live with the consequences of either one. We can "fix" both the IBT and IBS, but we have to actually stand up and make a decision to take action.

We, as employees, could have overruled the IBT and made them "fix" the issues.

But the majority of us decided to live with the consequences and allow the IBT to run unchecked.

RDL

Nope.

You can live with either one if you can live with the consequences of either one. We can "fix" both the IBT and IBS, but we have to actually stand up and make a decision to take action.

But the majority of us decided to live with the consequences and allow the IBT to run unchecked.
Are you filling in for @Integrity? You his overnight shift?

Sure, as a constituency, we failed. But I was not one of the ones swishing the brown Koolaid aka sewer water.

I would say that if something that’s supposed to benefit us and constantly ameliorate our working conditions as the IBT is billed for doing, but whose presence is instead causing us consequences, there is a systemic problem that needs prompt fixing. IBS is an entirely different matter in that regard. There is no supposed benefit to having IBS other than the arbitrary ones people make up in theirs heads so as to cope.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Nope.

I hope that Big Union Guy....doesn't see this. Lol.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I would say that if something that’s supposed to benefit us and constantly ameliorate our working conditions as the IBT is billed for doing, but whose presence is instead causing us consequences, there is a systemic problem that needs prompt fixing.

OK

What needs fixing?

I agree, there are some issues and I have been very vocal about those issues. But you make it sound like the IBT has done nothing, and is only detrimental to the membership.

I made $129K last year with full medical and a full pension, thanks to the IBT.

Try and get that working for FedEx, Amazon, or any other non-union carrier.

I am active during IBT elections and contract negotiations trying to get certain things changed.

How about you?

there is a systemic problem that needs prompt fixing

If you feel that way, what are you doing about it?

Heavy Package

So yeah, what’s IBT? Isn’t that like a bowel disease? Serious answers only please.

We seriously need some new discussion topics.

447a2f63d60c4358617845c0156fe96e--judge-judy-tv-judges.jpg

RDL

Other than using words like "ameliorate" (nice word BTW).... nothing.

@RDL has been on this forum for 4 days, and is already bashing the Union.
Systemic problems do not respond to “you” solutions. They desperately require WE solutions. At this time of year, I’m just trying to survive the perils of the job. But I’ve tried to stay as informed as any member in a RTW state can be. Our local leadership is very passive and can be manipulative with the members at times when it comes to promoting their interests. Not sure if it’s that way across the board, but it is here. I was repulsed when they tried to punt this subpar contract proposal down all our throats last summer with their bombardment of correspondence and whatnot.

RDL

There is also a "fix" for that.

Please enlighten, because this particular problem seems multi-pronged and frankly to be a hydra.

Only in areas where the members are submissive and don't take action.

Again, members is a plural word, and being in a RTW state kinda hamstrings the union’s potency and beyond that, the fellow members’ engagement. Many are very laissez-faire about their involvement, and with the workdays ever long as well our culture becoming less of a fellowship, the solidarity just isn’t there.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Systemic problems do not respond to “you” solutions. They desperately require WE solutions. At this time of year, I’m just trying to survive the perils of the job. But I’ve tried to stay as informed as any member in a RTW state can be. Our local leadership is very passive and can be manipulative with the members at times when it comes to promoting their interests. Not sure if it’s that way across the board, but it is here. I was repulsed when they tried to punt this subpar contract proposal down all our throats last summer with their bombardment of correspondence and whatnot.
I hope that Big Union Guy....doesn't see this. Lol.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Please enlighten, because this particular problem seems multi-pronged and frankly to be a hydra.

Replace them.

Many are very laissez-faire about their involvement, and with the workdays ever long as well our culture becoming less of a fellowship, the solidarity just isn’t there.

I guess you can't replace them with this lack of involvement.

So I guess you take what you are given.

Our Officers in the Local were kind of the same way.

We voted them out.

Simple "fix."