if no, then what?

rudy5150

Its simple better raises for all especially part timers and better language for job security. I would love to have same healthcare but I dont see that happening that looks like a done deal. With record profits UPS could easily give us all atleast $1.20 raise a yr.

Inthegame

Its simple better raises for all especially part timers and better language for job security. I would love to have same healthcare but I dont see that happening that looks like a done deal. With record profits UPS could easily give us all atleast $1.20 raise a yr.

Really, it's SIMPLE??? If they get $1.20 you'll be screaming they should get $1.30.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
How exactly do you propose UPS covers another large raise, without raising shipping prices so they can stay competitive, while keeping their profits high so their stock prospectus doesn't suffer? If UPS was still a private company I'd be shouting like you are, but we live in a world where stock prices are the reputation of the company. Do you know what happens every time we get raises? UPS raises stops per car. This is coming from a new on car sup I was talking to who just went through training school...verbatim. They find technology that saves them money. They cut staffing. Either way, we lose.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
if the TA gets voted down how will our representatives know what to fight for when they return to the negotiation table?

The contract before the union sent out questioners to the members. Why they didn't this time? Idk. Unless it was a done deal before the "bargaining " started

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How exactly do you propose UPS covers another large raise, without raising shipping prices so they can stay competitive, while keeping their profits high so their stock prospectus doesn't suffer? If UPS was still a private company I'd be shouting like you are, but we live in a world where stock prices are the reputation of the company. Do you know what happens every time we get raises? UPS raises stops per car. This is coming from a new on car sup I was talking to who just went through training school...verbatim. They find technology that saves them money. They cut staffing. Either way, we lose.

The only thing I don't agree with is that they raises prices to cover raises. They raise prices every year like clock work it really wouldn't matter raise or not. FedEx does the same.

A

anonymous6

you can go on the IBT website and leave a comment on what you want improved.

kingOFchester

My view, and in this order:

1) Protect my current health care and the part timers healthcare.

2) Better pay for part timers, and an option to decline healthcare for a better hourly wage.

3) They can keep the raise if they give me 1 and 2.

stink219

Rudy, if the company was at 7 billion, I'd agree with you. You need to do the math and factor the other issues along with a raise of that size. It's not as easy as saying here is some cash. If we were not publicly traded, I'd also agree with you. Don't get me wrong, I wish we could get $10 more and hour, but I'd like for UPS to be top dog for at least another 15 years.

Last edited:

kingOFchester

friend' the full time raises. Give that money to part timers. Let us all keep our healthcare.

Everyone I talk to that is a yes vote, keeps talking about the raise. We don't need a raise. This TA is like getting a balloon mortgage. Hit you with a real low rate, then year 2, 3, 4, 5.......the rate goes up and everyone is shocked and loose the house.

I would be happy to forgo raises, keep COLA, and keep my insurance under UPS. I know what I have. I know what it covers. I know UPS can't knock on my door for more money. I know UPS can't change my coverage. With the TA, I do not know what I will have. I do not know what it covers. I don't know when the teamsters will come a-knocking on my door do to not having enough funds to cover the rising costs in healthcare. I don't know when and what the teamsters will change in coverage.

friend' the raise. I have no desire to enter into a contract with an open end clause that can cost me more then what I got in a raise.

Perfect world, give me a 5$ raise and keep my healthcare, but I am not greedy.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Rudy, if the company was at 7 billion, I'd agree with you. You need to do the math and factor the other issues along with a raise of that size. It's not as easy as saying here is some cash. If we were not publicly traded, I'd also agree with you. Don't get me wrong, I wish we could get $10 more and hour, but I'd like for UPS to be top dog for at least another 15 years.
You should have finished you last statement. I'll do it for you:
I wish we could get $10 more an hour, but I'd like for UPS to be top dog for at least another 15 years, as long as I am not the one taking the hit.

rod

Retired 22 years

Well if you ask anyone in management who has been around for a few years they will tell you that it used to be if we got a raise---they did too. Now days I would imagine it sucks to be management because the bean counters have to hold the line somewhere (even though the company makes more money than God).

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Don't forget the half pennies. UPS always structures the pay scale so that they wind up with the extra half cent. Half a million employees or so across the globe adds up to a nice chunk of change every single day.

AlwaysChafed

You should have finished you last statement. I'll do it for you:
I wish we could get $10 more an hour, but I'd like for UPS to be top dog for at least another 15 years, as long as I am not the one taking the hit.

So as long as you're OK, but forget eveyone else? So let's use up all the pension now and forget about current and future employees. I work just as hard as you and I should get the same benefits as you.