If/When One Catches Coronavirus

SLW

I'm looking for someone who understands the contract and new laws coming out to respond here, not a hijack.

If I get it, what are my options for leave?

If a family member gets it (two high-risk dependents, one of whom is in three high-risk categories), what are my options?

I am pretty new and have no leave until September.

Thanks.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'm looking for someone who understands the contract and new laws coming out to respond here, not a hijack.

If I get it, what are my options for leave?

If a family member gets it (two high-risk dependents, one of whom is in three high-risk categories), what are my options?

I am pretty new and have no leave until September.

Thanks.

You can request a leave of absence as per article 16. All that will do is protect your job, your benefits may lapse if you are out long enough. One reason why health insurance tied to employment may not be the best idea. Based on your post, you probably don't qualify for FMLA, but your state may have provisions for a person in your situation.

SLW

If the person in my house who's in three high-risk categories gets it, yeah, they're basically dead already. Glad you're getting a kick out of it, buddy.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If the person in my house who's in three high-risk categories gets it, yeah, they're basically dead already. Glad you're getting a kick out of it, buddy.
Then they were basically dead if they got the flu too. I suggest you do whatever you have done in every year past and hope for the best. Good luck, buddy.

SLW

So a yearly vaccine and the ability to get a bed in the ICU? Don't be a :censored2:ing maroon.

Last edited:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Relax Bobby, the only way to avoid the chance of getting it is to stay at home in the first place, otherwise you’re just playing a risk eliminating game. If you are that concerned about your two family members getting it, they should stay away from anyone that could possibly get it, including you.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Look man if you're this worked up over the common cold or I mean the coronavirus pandemic of 2020, Didn't mean to downplay the hysteria there, then focus on taking the necessary steps to protect yourself and your loved ones. Make sure you wash your hands often, use sanitizer, avoid social contact, dont shake hands, dont be around coughing or sneezing people, buy a mask if it makes you feel better and last but not.least fashion all clothes out of a minimum of 50 rolls of tp. Double play not single you cheap bastard. Those tips will help fight and prevent the spread of the common cold or crap I mean Corona virus.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Look man if you're this worked up over the common cold or I mean the coronavirus pandemic of 2020, Didn't mean to downplay the hysteria there, then focus on taking the necessary steps to protect yourself and your loved ones. Make sure you wash your hands often, use sanitizer, avoid social contact, dont shake hands, dont be around coughing or sneezing people, buy a mask if it makes you feel better and last but not.least fashion all clothes out of a minimum of 50 rolls of tp. Double play not single you cheap bastard. Those tips will help fight and prevent the spread of the common cold or crap I mean Corona virus.
Sorry man but that post sucked

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
You will have to get a doctor's note or qualify for fmla and provide the necessary documents to validate your claim

cachmeifucan

Call a doctor if you have symptoms tell them you need a note to quarantine you because your showing symptoms you probably won't even have to see a doctor they probably fax the note to you. And they won't test you unless your dying. No test available well not enough for everyone who shows symptoms a doctor note for a self quarantine should be simple

cachmeifucan

That's only 10 days so be prepared to lose insurance based off the 1 punch rule team care will definitely drop the ball. Ft supervisor were told they will have to use up vacation time. Wow 10 paid is better then nothing .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Call a doctor if you have symptoms tell them you need a note to quarantine you because your showing symptoms you probably won't even have to see a doctor they probably fax the note to you. And they won't test you unless your dying. No test available well not enough for everyone who shows symptoms a doctor note for a self quarantine should be simple
Screw that I'm going to work.