If you don't Vote on Contracts or Vote in Union Elections

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
This upcoming election is friend’ing HUGE
My BA was talking about how they are going to push for TURNOUT from the members above all else. He said it’s gonna seem like an ad campaign.
RIGHT NOW is a pivotal time, guys. The company has perpetually violated the excessive overtime portion of the contract; and we need to file on EVERYTHING.
File file file. Set the precedent that we will not tolerate blatant contract violation sitting down
We need
NO forced 6th PUNCH
IN THE MASTER!!!!

Things could change for the better with this 2023 contract with that Central States resolution not hanging over the Union the Company’s head. Those in the Central and the Southern should be expecting more equality with their pension benefits, maybe more comparable to the Western Conferences. A lot depends on the state of the country and the markets, health coverage costs, and pension returns. Right now it looks good for both sides.

I always go into these contract negotiations with some kind of hope for the best, and unfortunately been very disappointed with the state of the negotiating that has been going on, particularly with the last two.

Lip service will not cut it this time and sneaky tactics in order to pass another concessionary contract will not be tolerated by the UPS rank and File. That informational lock down with the last contract was close to criminal, and the 2/3 majority vote was planned way before the negotiations started. It was a done deal way before the tabulated vote results and the International used their own attorneys against the best wishes of their members.

With this teamster election..I will be voting for the party that yelled the loudest against what was happening at the negotiating table. Both sides are trying their best to disassociate themselves from the current administration for good reasons.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Things could change for the better with this 2023 contract with that Central States resolution not hanging over the Union the Company’s head. Those in the Central and the Southern should be expecting more equality with their pension benefits, maybe more comparable to the Western Conferences. A lot depends on the state of the country and the markets, health coverage costs, and pension returns. Right now it looks good for both sides.

I always go into these contract negotiations with some kind of hope for the best, and unfortunately been very disappointed with the state of the negotiating that has been going on, particularly with the last two.

Lip service will not cut it this time and sneaky tactics in order to pass another concessionary contract will not be tolerated by the UPS rank and File. That informational lock down with the last contract was close to criminal, and the 2/3 majority vote was planned way before the negotiations started. It was a done deal way before the tabulated vote results and the International used their own attorneys against the best wishes of their members.

With this teamster election..I will be voting for the party that yelled the loudest against what was happening at the negotiating table. Both sides are trying their best to disassociate themselves from the current administration for good reasons.
Have you ever sat in on negotiations?

You sound like you would make a good negotiating committee member.

DELACROIX

Have you ever sat in on negotiations?

You sound like you would make a good negotiating committee member.

Nope...I have way too many important things to do than politics. I have asked for meetings over a particular union matter with the powers that be over the years so far no response as expected.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Nope...I have way too many important things to do than politics. I have asked for meetings over a particular union matter with the powers that be over the years so far no response as expected.
Not surprising.

Please describe these requested meetings a little more.

Why didn’t you just bring your particular matter up at the General Membership Meeting?

You do attend them, don’t you?

DELACROIX

Not surprising.

Please describe these requested meetings a little more.

Why didn’t you just bring your particular matter up at the General Membership Meeting?

You do attend them, don’t you?

Pension disparities...

I have attended every contract proposal meeting over the last thirty years and submitted written improvements with the Master and the Supplements to no avail.

DELACROIX

Did you bring them up at a General membership meeting?

My local has no control over the issue involved, it is way over their heads. The problem is with the International who is responsible, they will not take the effort to communicate with the members affected or because the group is so small that they do want to be bothered. Politics has a lot to do with it, our local has always been a pain in the side for the current leadership.

It has been a real 🤡 show trying to get some answers from the people who are or where involved. Most of us have seen it, a lot of misinformation or no follow up, not even a returned phone call and forget about a personal meeting. Or is it only me...?

meritocracy

My hope is that we get lots of good bargaining updates and plenty of time to disseminate information about contract changes before the membership votes. Can't vote if you don't know what's going on.

Inthegame

My hope is that we get lots of good bargaining updates and plenty of time to disseminate information about contract changes before the membership votes. Can't vote if you don't know what's going on.
Do you believe "good bargaining updates" will improve the actual negotiation?

Dirk Digler

Bam all done!!
Both sides are trying their best to disassociate themselves from the current administration for good reasons.
Huh ?Ups just a short time ago was on board with Biden whining about new Georgia voting law. And the teamsters couldn’t stop tooting their horn about getting their pension bailed out by the tax payer that Biden approved . The union, ups and the Biden administration are all spooning each other in a twin size bed don’t kid yourself .

DELACROIX

Huh ?Ups just a short time ago was on board with Biden whining about new Georgia voting law. And the teamsters couldn’t stop tooting their horn about getting their pension bailed out by the tax payer that Biden approved . The union, ups and the Biden administration are all spooning each other in a twin size bed don’t kid yourself .

I should of defined “current administration “..I was referring to the Hoffa administration. I agree that everybody now is taking credit for previous ground root efforts that they were not originally involved in, all politics no substance.

I am guessing that lobbyists from both the Teamsters and companies still under the Central States pension plan including UPS were all behind the bail out. Of that 81 billion designated the Central will be getting around 56 billion of that PBGC forgivable loans. We all know how it works, they are expecting something in return in the near future from all involved.

Superteeth2478

Spooning is good, clean fun. Now, if they're doing something other than spooning that might be a problem.