If You had not Gone to Work for UPS....

TheKid99

I was really close

Attachments

• downloadfile-4.jpeg
    downloadfile-4.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 140

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I worked six years in an office, started at 44k left at 70k. Regulated to 40hrs/week, able to "work" from home a few times a month, took advantage of flex scheduling (40 hrs mon - fri, how I get it is my choice). Ups is the career I would choose. Some people just aren't made to wear suits and be chained to computers.

You got the chance to work from home in your pajamas and turned it down??

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I'd likely be an auto damage estimator for an insurance company. If I could do it all over again though I probably would've majored in environmental science or something and tried to get a job with the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission or DCNR.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
If I didn't work at UPS I would have started a website where people who work at the same job could log on under a fake name with a funny avatar and complain about their jobs, bust each other's balls, and listen to know it alls tell them what they think was a better way to handle a situation that arose at said job.

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
Was a journeyman chef following the seasons. Marriage canceled that, would probably chose a southern carribean resort to settle down in, preferably Dutch island. Army sent me to Johnson & Wales ln the early 80's and worked the 3'rd infantry generals staff in Germany for mandatory 5 years, all i know.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I had the pleasure of meeting one of these "good old boys" on I-95 when we were heading down to Disney.
Had you properly followed the 10 point commentary while driving down I-95 there would have been no meeting.Clearly you did not,hence the meeting.I abhor professional drivers that cannot drive safely in a personal car

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I've been a mason, an LPN, an airman, a cop, and now a UPS driver. I was heading into RN nursing school and started working preload while I was going through school.

I'd like to say I'd be a trauma nurse working in a big city treating serious crap but I probably would have copped out and became a ARNP and be wiping noses at a private practice somewhere.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Before I came to work at UPS, I had a limited work history. (I came here when I was 21) I worked 2 different jobs between high school and here. 1 was as an iron worker, and the other as a commercial fisherman. I found this job quite by accident. My girlfriend at the time brought home a college newspaper advertising for part time workers, and went down there and was hired same day. Too much uncertainty in the other 2 jobs. (Weather, etc) I made the right choice.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I would probably be a Pennsylvania State Trooper. The lady in recruiting actually called me when they were taking in their last class before they were going to require 60 college credits and I ended up turning her down. It's in my family. My dad was a State Trooper, my brother is a State Trooper and he's married to a State Trooper.

Troop friend?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Had you properly followed the 10 point commentary while driving down I-95 there would have been no meeting.Clearly you did not,hence the meeting.I abhor professional drivers that cannot drive safely in a personal car

I was driving safely, just a bit too quickly and that, coupled with my New York plates, gave the good old boy more than enough reason to pull me over. I was surprised he didn't make me go to the local court house to appear before his uncle and pay the fine in person.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I was driving safely, just a bit too quickly and that, coupled with my New York plates, gave the good old boy more than enough reason to pull me over. I was surprised he didn't make me go to the local court house to appear before his uncle and pay the fine in person.

Man, you got off lucky. Have you ever seen the movie "Nothing but Trouble"?