If you really hate them here`s your chance....

fxdwg

Long Time Member
gotta be something better..........just by the tone of this post.........I didn't even look at it.........not sure of the answer...perhaps "The Obama" has an answer

the world that I grew up w/......is an impossibility for my daughters every generation, expected.... bigger and greater for their progeny.....Oh well, I guess my daughters, can expect to work harder and achieve less

I hope they do well...They have to be SMARTER than us though, Their "retirement" is up to them and their decisions. Diversify at an early age is my opinion. Stocks/Bonds/Mutuals....The days of putting all eggs in one basket are gone...There are no more Baskets

Is this considered "Hijacking"?:happy2:

brown bomber

brown bomber
dear friends.................
food for thought. I do not wish to be ruled by "lefties" or "righties" I just hope and pray that this disfunctional family (Executive, Legislative, and Judicial) can meet in the middle and provide for the greater good

The irony in this whole mosque/quran burning thingy has at it's heart, property rights. In the case of the mosque, the only real issue is purely local and if the purposed so-called mosque will harm the rights, liberty and property of those who own other properties around it. The overworked emotions of people living 1k miles away is completely irrelevant (same is true with Arizona and their law) just as the ultimate fate of what is called ground zero. I think the property should be rebuilt or used in some fashion that benefits and fits the desire of local NYers and whatever that is should be up to them. If I lived there I'd advocate returning the properties to the people from which it was stolen for the purpose to build the WTC and let these people or heirs rebuild the local businesses and business community that drive local economic markets. If muslims do hate us for our freedom, shouldn't we stick it back in their face in that no matter what they do, we'll one up it with even more freedom? If you believe they truly hate our freedom then freedom should be everywhere and multiplying showing them their efforts are failing.

As for the quran burning, same property rights doth apply. I'll assume the qurans that the good Rev. plans to burn are properly acquired in the market place and not stolen in any way so this makes them solely his property or solely the property of those who plan to burn them. What they then do with them as long as they don't damage the rights (emotions are not rights) or property of others in the course of, they are free to do with them as they please. Same goes true for flag buring or placing a Jesus figure in a cup of urine, these are not so much free speech rights as so often and IMO wrongly claimed but rather they are property rights.

Emotional driven public displays like flag burning, Jesus in urine or in this case quran burning IMO speak more about the idiocy of the person who takes his economic resources to use for such childish purposes but they are his/her resources and thus the matter is settled as far as I'm concerned. You do have to give credit to the "good Rev." for knowing how to place himself and his small church on the world stage but in truth maybe it's a sad statement about the billions of people who brainlessly stand there waiting for the next act to appear on said stage!

Did someone say mindless morons but then it's hard to say who is the bigger, the actors on the stage or the audience watching them who cheer or hiss!

And you tell everyone you hate championship wrestling because it's fake!
:wink2:
I see no reason to argue property rights(note, I don't disagree with your assessment) in the mosque/cc or the koran burning. Both can be answered with the 1st Amendment. The path for the mosque/cc is paved with the religious freedoms of the 1st and the koran burning by the freedom of speech/expression. I don't think the debate was ever about who has the right to do what. The debate is about the sensitivity and (yea) political correctness of each action. Why spit in someones face when you can just walk on by and not look over your shoulder?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Wear Hijab on 9/11, Defy “Burn a Quran Day” Join us! If you are also horrified by the recent outrageous fear mongering of the right wing against American Muslims then here is a way to push back. I am not a Muslim but I plan to wear the hijab on 9/11 as a gesture to American Muslims that they are full citizens of this country and deserve the same rights as the rest of us. Concerned men might wear skull caps in solidarity with us women. http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

P

pickup

Could Qur'an burning happen in Canada?

What an amusing article , on one hand it says that Canadians are less likely to give full vocal expression to one's thoughts as if this is a virtue that is inbred in them when in reality, it is more likely because that hate crime laws exist that will allow the prosecution of one vocalizing one's thoughts.

Got this little quote from Jill Scott , the Canadian that gave a lot of quotes for this article. Here is what she had to say about Canadians:

"We tend to want to focus a lot on what other countries are doing or have done historically," Scott said. "We prefer not to look at our own situation."

Well Jill, we have seen, first hand, someone just like that that who just happens to be from your country. You have hit the nail right on the head. Thanks for the confirmation, Jill.

Got news for you, only you and Tie support the Koran burning.
Thats sad enough as it is.
And if your boss or UPS new your true identity, you may not have a job tomorrow.
That kind of crap is NOT tolerated.

You won't get much sympathy from your american fellow citizens either.
Try it....

Show me one post, s for brains, that I said I support burning of the Koran. I started the thread because of all the " anti- Muslim" talk, why not see who`ll put up or shut up.

Do you want where I really stand? I support the law, the rights under the constitution. Burn the Koran. But toss in a Bible,a Torah,and an example of every other religious document while they`re at it. Show everyone that their holy book burns just as equally.

As far as my boss knowing who I am, who give`s a friend? I, under the law of the constitution, can send a registered letter to the CEO telling him how I feel. As long as I do it on my time I`m untouchable.

You`re an ignoramus.

klein

Für Meno :)
Show me one post, s for brains, that I said I support burning of the Koran. I started the thread because of all the " anti- Muslim" talk, why not see who`ll put up or shut up.

Do you want where I really stand? I support the law, the rights under the constitution. Burn the Koran. But toss in a Bible,a Torah,and an example of every other religious document while they`re at it. Show everyone that their holy book burns just as equally.

As far as my boss knowing who I am, who give`s a friend? I, under the law of the constitution, can send a registered letter to the CEO telling him how I feel. As long as I do it on my time I`m untouchable.

You`re an ignoramus.

If you feel so free, then why hide your true identity on here ?
Change it to your real name, and the hub you work at !

Put your mouth where you say it is !

If you feel so free, then why hide your true identity on here ?
Change it to your real name, and the hub you work at !

Put your mouth where you say it is !

I have no fear of them knowing my identity based on my beliefs. I don`t need them knowing who I am based on things we discuss about the company. People know what hub I`m out of as it`s been in my user name ever since I signed on.

Gosh,you`re such a keyboard tough guy there Klein.

Last edited by a moderator:

You`re an ignoramus.
Cach, You may want to remove your true name from here until you do a little research on the rulings by the SCOTUS. The Constitution doesn't necessarily protect you from the company on the 1st Amendment. The freedom of speech the Constitution protects is that of more a political manner about the government.

Cach, You may want to remove your true name from here until you do a little research on the rulings by the SCOTUS. The Constitution doesn't necessarily protect you from the company on the 1st Amendment. The freedom of speech the Constitution protects is that of more a political manner about the government.

Thank you for your concern but as I`ve stated as to what I believe in on I would also have no problem saying to anyone at work. As long as I do my job I am free to say " you know what,I agree or disagree with that subject" whatever it may be. I am aware that I could not call anyone slurs, etc, but in general I am free to say in general PC conversation what I feel. There is nothing on here outside of those guidelines.

klein

Für Meno :)
Thank you for your concern but as I`ve stated as to what I believe in on I would also have no problem saying to anyone at work. As long as I do my job I am free to say " you know what,I agree or disagree with that subject" whatever it may be. I am aware that I could not call anyone slurs, etc, but in general I am free to say in general PC conversation what I feel. There is nothing on here outside of those guidelines.

Then go for it.. real name and location, please !

tieguy

Banned
I did,shorty. My name and workplace. Where I show up every Monday. Maybe the idea of someone working is whats throwing you off. Come to chat if you`re not a coward.

Dude you know he's allergic to hard work. Would have been nice seeing him locked up in a cuban prison breaking big rocks into little ones. :happy2: