I'm Boycotting Chinese Goods As Much As Possible

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
We industrialized Japan after WWII. South Korea in the 90's China about the same time including granting it most favored nation trade status. Reports out today saying that China is developing a strategy to handle sanctions certain to come when it invades Taiwan. So they are setting up operations is Vietnam and Ethiopia .

Why did you reply to that particular post with this tangential information?

bacha29

We did not. We militarily occupied them until 1952 during which the military command instituted a bunch of reforms that laid the foundation of their economic comeback. We also signed mutual protection treaties that gave the Japanese access to American technology. The Japanese rebuilt themselves through investment and weren't operating at a capacity close to ours until the early 70's. And eventually became the world's second biggest economy. They're currently 3rd.
" We gave the Japanese access to American technology" . You're simply reaffirming what I said about the US support for the industrialization of Japan . My Army colonel uncle was stationed in Japan long after 1952.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
We industrialized Japan after WWII. South Korea in the 90's China about the same time including granting it most favored nation trade status. Reports out today saying that China is developing a strategy to handle sanctions certain to come when it invades Taiwan. So they are setting up operations is Vietnam and Ethiopia .

South Korea at one point was considered a third world country

bacha29

Why did you reply to that particular post with this tangential information?
US gave China the opportunity to become the power that it is today . It's most favored nation trade status along with billions in private US investment in that nation has resulted in the rise of a global power that now threatens democratic Taiwan which is the world's largest manufacturer of microchips In other words we made China what it is today.

vantexan

" We gave the Japanese access to American technology" . You're simply reaffirming what I said about the US support for the industrialization of Japan . My Army colonel uncle was stationed in Japan long after 1952.
You said we rebuilt Japan. We did not. Totally different animal than what we did with China. But fear not. Japan has the oldest population in the world and has had to ship much of their manufacturing offshore. Honda and Toyota build cars in the U.S., the Philippines, and Indonesia because of it. Their manufacturing base has shrunk to almost nothing. And their debt to GDP ratio is almost double ours. The Yen has sunk to its lowest level against the Dollar in a very long time. They're the largest holder of our bonds outside of the Fed and they're so close to collapse they won't be buying more.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
US gave China the opportunity to become the power that it is today . It's most favored nation trade status along with billions in private US investment in that nation has resulted in the rise of a global power that now threatens democratic Taiwan which is the world's largest manufacturer of microchips In other words we made China what it is today.

The only relationship this and the last post have with the original post of mine you quoted is that they refer to business, sort of. I think you must have replied to the wrong post, and still don't even realize it. I feel like I'm having a conversation with an AI that never came close to passing a Turing test.

bacha29

The only relationship this and the last post have with the original post of mine you quoted is that they refer to business, sort of. I think you must have replied to the wrong post, and still don't even realize it. I feel like I'm having a conversation with an AI that never came close to passing a Turing test.
Let me try one more time with you. When it comes to feeling the need to boycott Chinese made goods, I ask you this question: What forces have combined to create that particular public sentiment?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
This is how every exchange I have with her goes. Blatant deflections and random tangents for no reason. Eventually her programming circles back to harassing vantexan about Medicare for all.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Why did you give me thumbs down about South Korea. North Korea was the more advance Korea at that time because of the Soviets. Look it up yourself. Wasn’t until North Korea became stagnant and South Korea turned itself around. South Korea had a history to of :censored2: leaders @DriveInDriveOut

vantexan

Why did you give me thumbs down about South Korea. North Korea was the more advance Korea at that time because of the Soviets. Look it up yourself. Wasn’t until North Korea became stagnant and South Korea turned itself around. South Korea had a history to of :censored2: leaders @DriveInDriveOut
If North Korea was more advanced it was only because both started from an extremely poor place. We can see which economic system won out.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I changed the thumbs down to the rainbow because whining about your post rating is so gay.

You're welcome sweetheart.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
If North Korea was more advanced it was only because both started from an extremely poor place. We can see which economic system won out.

North Korea fell apart once the soviet funding stopped. They also were for reunification, but it was the south that was against it. Though I understand because I wouldn’t trust the Jongs either. South Korea was basically a military dictatorship until 1979

vantexan

North Korea fell apart once the soviet funding stopped. They also were for reunification, but it was the south that was against it. Though I understand because I wouldn’t trust the Jongs either. South Korea was basically a military dictatorship until 1979
But look where they are today. Cuba did a lot better with Soviet funding too but then the Soviet Union collapsed. Doesn't matter what happened way back when as much as what is happening now.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
But look where they are today. Cuba did a lot better with Soviet funding too but then the Soviet Union collapsed. Doesn't matter what happened way back when as much as what is happening now.

I agree. They never really cared for Kim Jong anyways. It was another guy that was supposed to be in charge. Forgot his name. I don’t believe either that communism works in the end. South Korea is clearly the better place now. That’s not even debatable.

over9five

Staff member
Been trying to find a new tea kettle that’s made in 🇺🇸.. not having much luck

What are you gay?
1651156734186.png

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Let me try one more time with you. When it comes to feeling the need to boycott Chinese made goods, I ask you this question: What forces have combined to create that particular public sentiment?

I never talked about boycotting Chinese goods. You responded to the wrong post. My post was about corporations being loyal (or not) to countries that they are headquartered in.

My feeling on the issue is that China manufactures so many of our consumer goods, good luck trying to boycott them. It's like trying to stop using anything related to Google. Almost entirely impossible if you want to use the internet at all.

vantexan

I never talked about boycotting Chinese goods. You responded to the wrong post. My post was about corporations being loyal (or not) to countries that they are headquartered in.

My feeling on the issue is that China manufactures so many of our consumer goods, good luck trying to boycott them. It's like trying to stop using anything related to Google. Almost entirely impossible if you want to use the internet at all.
And China can just about waltz into Taiwan because they do make so much of our consumer goods that they have us over a barrel. People think all they have to do is not buy clothing made there. Problem solved. But most all of our prescription drugs are made there too. Car parts and parts for just about everything else. If we had leadership with foresight we wouldn't have allowed anything that's a matter of our national security to be made outside the U.S. And at this point it will be very difficult to extricate ourselves from them.