I'm Done, Out On My Time

Shiftless

ya you have 90 days to change your mind , haha.
I think in my region I had a right of rescission?? Never planned on ever working again. So really don't remember if that was offered when I left 15 plus years ago?

That being said, do other regions retirement plans offer this same option or similar as quoted above? If so, what timeline are or were you offered?

Asking for a friend! Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
The last three days have been a blast. Good weather and decent stop counts. I got out before Amazon Prime Day really hit, I won't have to deal with Driver's Helpers, and I will never deliver a package in the dark again.
Congrats Scratch!

Dave will be so elated to see you finally took his advice although, you should have taken it years ago.

Indecisi0n

The last three days have been a blast. Good weather and decent stop counts. I got out before Amazon Prime Day really hit, I won't have to deal with Driver's Helpers, and I will never deliver a package in the dark again.
You know we do have an employee policy for this board- "To remain a member or this board you must be employed by United Parcel Service". It's been nice having you here but I am going to have to go ahead and revoke your membership.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I can honestly say I never heard of UPS doing anything except maybe mentioning it at an AM. Most of the time you wouldn't even know someone retired if they themselves hadn't been doing cartwheels. In my case it was just another day. Nothing mentioned -- did my route and walked out that night. You could be right about them celebrating after I left- :-)
Im sure my center did when I was gone, I heard there was one, I didnt go. Iam glad scratch got one, a beautiful send off. He deserved it.

oldupsman

What is a retirement ceremony? Are you sure you worked for UPS?
They probably had yours after you left and didn't bother to invite you! Just kidding Rod, you are one of my idols on here.
I can honestly say I never heard of UPS doing anything except maybe mentioning it at an AM. Most of the time you wouldn't even know someone retired if they themselves hadn't been doing cartwheels. In my case it was just another day. Nothing mentioned -- did my route and walked out that night. You could be right about them celebrating after I left- :-)
Congrats Scratch. Hope you and your wife are in good health and get to enjoy many post UPS years.
I also had a very nice retirement ceremony complete with a catered breakfast for all the drivers in my center
plus anyone else in the building who showed up. That's because people like you and me were legends.

Rod on the other hand:no:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
@scratch , best of luck to you old friend !
never personally met you , but feel like I've known you from the BC , you are a fun , rational and witty guy , I hope you enjoy your new life , God knows you've earned it my old friend !! God Bless you and the family

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My Retirement Ceremony this morning.

Attachments

• ECB4253E-C35F-46B8-B096-506A839286E5.jpeg
    ECB4253E-C35F-46B8-B096-506A839286E5.jpeg
    268.2 KB · Views: 95
  • EA16B582-CCEB-4534-8281-86626B428474.jpeg
    EA16B582-CCEB-4534-8281-86626B428474.jpeg
    307.7 KB · Views: 98
  • B21E9057-A5B0-4B39-B8B7-725922AA3994.jpeg
    B21E9057-A5B0-4B39-B8B7-725922AA3994.jpeg
    320.1 KB · Views: 97
  • C20D8F96-489B-474D-838C-25B4EFBE2A94.jpeg
    C20D8F96-489B-474D-838C-25B4EFBE2A94.jpeg
    356.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 585C78B5-1FC4-4C3C-9656-EE291BD2CBF7.jpeg
    585C78B5-1FC4-4C3C-9656-EE291BD2CBF7.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 112
  • 7649AF21-4EDD-4C05-BFF1-6BA505A8D3C0.jpeg
    7649AF21-4EDD-4C05-BFF1-6BA505A8D3C0.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 103
  • FBD3782A-8F70-47C8-B623-CEFE9574331C.jpeg
    FBD3782A-8F70-47C8-B623-CEFE9574331C.jpeg
    233.5 KB · Views: 94
  • Y%BhjeM9RVuGYBQozL60eg.jpg
    Y%BhjeM9RVuGYBQozL60eg.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 86

Shiftless

So many people saying nothing was done for them on retirement its refreshing to see they did this for you in this day and age!
CONGRATULATIONS again, you earned it!!!!!!!!!!!

Reading all the stuff on here about hourly & management relations its good to see this!

15 years ago they had a big BBQ at a hub with cake and UPS retirement stuff ready for me when I pulled in. Feeder drivers in the area swung into say hi and bye! Many I had worked with for decades out of that hub to wish me well. I remember it fondly!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I think in my region I had a right of rescission?? Never planned on ever working again. So really don't remember if that was offered when I left 15 plus years ago?

That being said, do other regions retirement plans offer this same option or similar as quoted above? If so, what timeline are or were you offered?

Asking for a friend! Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck
thats what iwas told. i dont remember anyone changing their minds. I did hear some hubs will ask retired feeder drivers to work peak but dont think they do that at the reno/sparks hub.

why would anyone in their right minds wanna come back?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Congrats Scratch! Enjoy your retirement! I work at P-dale and we messaged a few times about a center manager we both had that we liked. I heard he had some health problems in the past couple of years. I'm hoping to make it to at least 60. Summer seems to get just a bit hotter each year though.
Brian runs Forest Park Preload, he came back to work about six months ago. He is one of the good ones.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I want to congratulate @scratch on his retirement, and years of service as a Teamster.

Now it's time for me to tell a brief story of our interaction on the BrownCafe.

Several years ago, I had sent him a PM because I was able to correlate his picture (on here) with one I had seen

on another website. It was just to let him know, I thought that was cool.... to make that connection.

We exchanged a few PM's and briefly discussed our history @ UPS.

The funny part.... he remembered me, from another forum called Teamster.net (as I used the same screen name)

I wish him well in retirement.

The best part ?

Everyone moves up a spot.... on the seniority list.

:biggrin:

-Bug-