I'm Done, Out On My Time

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
When you hit Medicare age you automatically loose all Teamster / UPS insurance. Then you have to go find your own supplemental insurance coverage to back up Medicare.
Not in Local 344. We can keep our union supplemental insurance for about $125/month.

vvv

About a dozen. Here they can't put it up for bid for thirty days in case I change my mind. We actually had a driver change his mind about retiring a couple of years ago because there is a thirty day clause to stop your first pension payment. He did finally retire last month with 44 years. It will be full-blown Peak Season then so that route probably will be un-assigned until after Christmas. They are looking for a spot to drop a TP-60 on my old area I guess for PVD drivers. They got to where they load me up with extra stops and force a Helper on me by Halloween so that was another reason to pick my retirement date.

First of all, congrats on the retirement. Quite amazed you stuck it out for 45 years at UPS. Stay healthy and fun fun doing whatever it is you enjoy.

Now for some ribbing......my man.....c'mon now!! A dozen guys lined up to do a route with 150-200 stops a day with I think you said 100+ miles??
I hover near 35-38 miles a day and at far far less stops. And I NEVER get a helper because they know how that will turn out.

Brother....doing a respectable job and not being a total dog is one thing. But over the age of 60 and letting them jam that much work down your throat......not happening on this end. Seems like you didn't put the hammer to them when you should have long ago and they took advantage. It'd be a stretch to get 50 from me at that point.

But hey, what's done is done. Best wishes and go live it up!!

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Why would anyone want to retire and then go right back to dealing with UPS? Scratch has already said he is financially secure so I'm going to be so disappointed if he goes back for peak. We have only had one retiree at my old center do that and he was always the biggest brown noser anyway so we expected it.
I'd come back to run 4 hrs overallowed ...daily.