In the end, who wins??? And at what cost?

Shorts365

Could you start a delivery company with a bicycle and grow it into a 100 billion dollar business in a century? What makes you entitled to that profit other than the amount of labor you agreed to and willingly sold to said company?
This is a profoundly stupid take.

UPS didn’t invent delivery, we were just the best at it because we compensated the workers well and in turn the workers delivered top notch service.

Jim Casey is dead and gone and the worker is more entitled to any windfall profits than some investor.

Even if you disagree, contract is up. Previous agreement on wages is null and void, just like your argument.

The rich can stave off a full blown class war by doing the right thing and paying us what we deserve. Can’t put a price on a good nights sleep Mr. Shareholder.

Rhetoric aside, you do realize Bezos started a 100 zillion delivery company in a fraction of the time, without a bicycle?

This is a profoundly stupid take.

UPS didn’t invent delivery, we were just the best at it because we compensated the workers well and in turn the workers delivered top notch service.

Jim Casey is dead and gone and the worker is more entitled to any windfall profits than some investor.

Even if you disagree, contract is up. Previous agreement on wages is null and void, just like your argument.

The rich can stave off a full blown class war by doing the right thing and paying us what we deserve. Can’t put a price on a good nights sleep Mr. Shareholder.

Rhetoric aside, you do realize Bezos started a 100 zillion delivery company in a fraction of the time, without a bicycle?
His wife helped him out a lot and he threw her under the bus

Pullman Brown

Do the bylaws still allow for the contract to be pushed threw in the event that there is a neverending vote of no on the national. I’m looking beyond the current circumstances and am not convinced that the full-timers are going to be satisfied with their raises.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Could you start a delivery company with a bicycle and grow it into a 100 billion dollar business in a century? What makes you entitled to that profit other than the amount of labor you agreed to and willingly sold to said company?
You sound like such a pússy ass bitch ass ferret. Go ride a bike when you cross the picket line. Could you make the salary a CEO of UPS makes and look part timers in the eye and say here’s $15 an hour with the current state of the US economy? :censored2:ing pûssy ass bitch.

Cowboy Mac

You sound like such a pússy ass bitch ass ferret. Go ride a bike when you cross the picket line. Could you make the salary a CEO of UPS makes and look part timers in the eye and say here’s $15 an hour with the current state of the US economy? :censored2:ing pûssy ass bitch.
“Sissy” is a fitting name. Let him work for $15 an hour.

moldsporh

Safe bet many here weren't in delivery prior to the 97 strike.

I can say for certain, in the last 26+ years, it hasn't been the same in regards to how management dealt with their issues.

It was typical "tight ship" UPS, but it was different. They cared ALOT about customers and how the drivers were dispatched, with normal discipline but with leniency.

Since the 97 strike, it's been a good bit of oil and water...and has never returned to pre-97.

Mark my words, if we strike, all you rookies and seasoned veterans of less than 20 years..take note of what you have now...consider these the "good ole days of UPS". Because when we come back, it will be different. This would hurt everybody in some ways in the long run.

I'm all for the good contract, we are all in agreement we need a good financial contract..I'll stand next to everyone in the line. We just need to figure this out before it gets to that.

Last edited:
Safe bet many here weren't in delivery prior to the 97 strike.

I can say for certain, in the last 26+ years, it hasn't been the same in regards to how management dealt with their issues.

It was typical "tight ship" UPS, but it was different. They cared ALOT about customers and how the drivers were dispatched, with normal discipline bit with leniency.

Since the 97 strike, it's been a good bit of oil and water...and has never returned to pre-97.

Mark my words, if we strike, all you rookies and seasoned veterans of less than 20 years..take note of what you have now...consider these the "good ole days of UPS". Because when we come back, it will be different. This would hurt everybody in some ways in the long run.

I'm all for the good contract, we are all in agreement we need a good financial contract..I'll stand next to everyone in the line. We just need to figure this out before it gets to that.
Settle down rookie

Sixth Punch Sense

Most analysts say, if we do go on strike, we will probably lose about 30% of our volume which is about 4 million packages a day. Truly, that is concerning granted I don’t argue or dispute The fact that the company made billions of dollars during the pandemic and because of that, we should be able to get some of those profits as well, considering it was done on our backs, not to mention, we gave up a lot of time with our families, and, of course, put our own health at risk, but the problem is going to be, as we are, probably not gonna see those profits anywhere near that due to the fact those profits were all made off of the pandemic, and now that the volume has slowed all delivery companies are struggling, laying people off, and of course, searching for volume. I don’t know what the real answer is other than the fact that maybe they could give us a huge signing bonus with a reasonable cost of living adjustment but eventually we have to top off I mean think about it in five more years from now are we gonna be looking for 60 or $65 an hour we must be reasonable or in the end this company will end up like SEARS & ROBUCK of shipping one last nugget for thought if in the event, the Teamsters are able to successfully unionized Amazon, we will no longer be the big guy on the block and in five years from now will we be yellow freight? I don’t know about you, but I sure enjoy my benefits, I have and very good standard of living, and would hate to lose it all but your truly has to be a points where we top off for 36 years I’ve worked for this job, and every year I received a raise
Blah blah blah. Ever heard of a paragraph.

Didn't read thumbs down