In the end, who wins??? And at what cost?

Thebrownblob

DID you work for free?? Nope, got paid every cent of your pay to include ALL the overtime you worked. That is your bonus.

Wow, your center manager asked you to work instead of taking a vacation. Were you feelings hurt? It's convenient to want get a pay out of your vacation when YOU want to do it, but its a world crisis when we ask. Don't be two-faced..sucker.
My regular pay was bonus? Interesting.Lol
And let’s not forget that amazing Covid relief pay for when you got sick that took eight months to get if you got it all. About 80% of the people where I am had to fight for months and months even get it and thrown on the cobra insurance, because the company or the worthless insurance company they were using screwed everything up so bad. Still have numerous people who didn’t get it although they turned everything in correctly a couple times grievances still pending about it.

DID you work for free?? Nope, got paid every cent of your pay to include ALL the overtime you worked. That is your bonus.

Wow, your center manager asked you to work instead of taking a vacation. Were you feelings hurt? It's convenient to want get a pay out of your vacation when YOU want to do it, but its a world crisis when we ask. Don't be two-faced..sucker.
Well guess what I went to work everyday unlike my management that was able to work from home

You got a lot of balls to say you don't want to take your vacation are you freaking kidding me?

I didn't want all the overtime I didn't have a freaking choice jackass

I don't ever ask for my vacation to be paid out I earned them and I'm taking that time off

You really got some nerve I really hope we go on strike and you can put some browns on and you can go do this crap when it's 95° outside and I hope you drop it dead

Get a taste your own freaking medicine

Shorts365

Holy crap you can’t be serious Mr. Bootstraps. You can be “I worked three jobs when I started and next week I’ll be CEO” or you can be “I work as safely as possible, don’t be a sucker” but you can’t be both.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Loading cars up with peak, volume during the pandemic with almost no staffing harassing people for not coming to work on the sixth day. It adds up my friend. And I didn’t even give a damn about the stupid virus. The company was the one that virtue signaled and acted like it was a big deal until it came time to reward there “heroes”.
No staffing just like all of the other companies during the pandemic.

Seems like a smart move now that we didn't over hire..guess you were only worried about the short term.

We happened to all "your" customers that you so famously speak about, were you not worried about them getting the stuff they ordered? Service?

Once again, you got paid when a lot of people didn't.....

Thebrownblob

Seems like a smart move now that we didn't over hire..guess you were only worried about the short term.

We happened to all "your" customers that you so famously speak about, were you not worried about them getting the stuff they ordered? Service?

Famously speak about my customers? lol no idea what you’re talking about. A lot of my customers were closed for many weeks and all those people got paid to stay home never once said I didn’t want to work. I said I want to be rewarded for my efforts just like you. We have once every five years to do so and now is that time.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Drivers work twice as many hours. Outside. Rain or shine, hot or cold. I walk 12 miles a day, 30-40 flights of stairs and lift more than 1,000lbs of packages a day. I know it’s unskilled. However it’s more skilled than standing in a trailer tossing boxes onto a conveyer. This job has been so dumbed down we could easily be replaced by off the street workers with a few weeks of headaches and minimum training. That’s why I’m not pushing the issue. I’m also aware we’re paid twice as much as everyone else in the industry doing the same job. I started inside making something like 8.50$ an hour. I worked two jobs at the time. I wanted more money so I learned the sort and got a dollar raise for it. I wanted more money so I signed the driver list and went to school. I grinded being a cover driver and climbed the seniority and pay scale ladder to top rate. I put the work in to move up. If you want to make a career at the entry level position at UPS and never climb then don’t complain about the pay and your living conditions. The options are there for you to make as much money as you want.
Cry me a River. You get paid what you get paid because a teamster negotiated a contract for you. And sticking up for part timers to be paid better will only attract and increase the quality of PT employee here. Problem with you is, I know I’m wasting my time. Here’s a “Best of Sissy” list. You’ve been anti PTmer and anti union your entire time on this forum.

Brandon would never let us strike. I also do have bills to pay.

Why would we strike in the first place?

not with the current state of the supply chain, mandates, delays and upcoming recession. The teamsters didn’t even support the truckers in Canada. They’re gonna cram through whatever contract big daddy UPS hands them, just like last time. Invest in lube.

I wish we could volunteer to do 3 fourteen hour days or 4 ten hour days and take long weekends. I’d do that in a heartbeat.

You can go back every five years and find the same bs each time. Good luck finding a job anywhere that pays what we get paid and gets the benefits we get for the level of skill this job requires. We would be universally hated if we went on strike and people found out what we make alone. This isn’t 1997. There’s no more worker solidarity. People want their cheap crap and they want their cheap crap now and if you get in the way of that cheap crap they will tear your ass apart. FedEx and Amazon will suck up every last crumb of business like it’s nothing.

I don’t plan on voting. Our representation in the union goes as far as whether or not it suits their wants. They wanted that contract to pass and they signed off on it anyway when a majority said no.

AC is pointless. The car is never on long enough to make the air cold. As soon as you open the door you’d lose what cold are you had. The cars aren’t weather proofed or insulated it would suck right out of the gaps between the doors. Mechanics would never be able to fix them. I will say the vans and box trucks should have ac. The airflow in those ram vans are terrible with the windows down and in my building they’re mostly used to run misloads or deliver distant air so you’re stuck inside them most of the time. I’d rather have the money spent retrofitting the cars to better ventilate the back, install fans and better load quality so we’re back there less. An ice and cold water machine would be nice too, all we get is 50 cases of hot water dropped off infront of the offices. Our ice machine is constantly broken and they never change out the filter so it’s filthy water you wouldn’t want to drink anyways.

RTW keeps unions competitive and forces them to actually fight for their money and support and listen to its members. If the law says you have to pay them why would they care about you? It’s like a government subsidy. Why do airlines and banks suck so much? They know whenever they get in trouble they can go to big daddy government for a bailout. So they get away with terrible costumer service, they can price gouge, charge fees because they don’t have to be competitive with other airlines or banks. If the members in 2018 could have pulled their dues for a few months when the union pulled that forced contract BS they never would have gotten away with it. I don’t think an individual should be forced to be a member of anything. Especially when that group provides money to political parties you don’t agree with or supports other organizations you don’t agree with. They need to earn their dues and I think a lot of members believe they’re not entitled to anything right now or are so defeated about everything they just don’t care anymore.

There really needs to be two different contracts. One for full timers and one for part timers. Part timers who will never have a career here shouldn’t have a say in our pensions, pay or other long term benefits. There’s not a company in the country that gives the part timers the health benefits that UPS does. That alone is worth 25k. They have nothing to complain about. The people I despise most in this world are the lazy cry babies that want a “living wage” for doing part time work an untrained monkey could do. You know why it’s called “living wage”? It’s not definable. Ask 100 people what living wage means and you’ll get 100 different answers.

They can share in the “greed” when they put the years in that full time drivers do. Not work a 4 hour shift unloading a couple of trailers. Work 9-12 hours a day 6 days a week as they work their way to a full time route. Those part timers get the same free healthcare as the full timers and get a pension. That alone is worth tens of thousands a year. So they’re already doing way better that a part timer at McDonald’s. You don’t like it? Move up the ranks or get another job.

Yep. And I’m not voting for a strike over air conditioning or a couple bucks more an hour. Thankfully pro union Biden and his dem cronies squashed the railroad unions. Hopefully it sends a message to the teamsters leaders that the store isn’t wide open for them to take everything just because their buddies are in office.

Pullman Brown

Settle down!

Famously speak about my customers? lol no idea what you’re talking about. A lot of my customers were closed for many weeks and all those people got paid to stay home never once said I didn’t want to work. I said I want to be rewarded for my efforts just like you. We have once every five years to do so and now is that time.
Lots of people got $600 a week on top of their unemployment not to work

Who will want to be a new UPS driver for 20 bucks an hour they can make more money sitting at home?

His arrogance is really making me sick

MyTripisCut

Make sure you wear brown socks if you wanna wear pants August 1 when you’re out delivering. Thanks. Also, clarify those signatures. Thanks.

Thebrownblob

Lots of people got $600 a week on top of their unemployment not to work

Who will want to be a new UPS driver for 20 bucks an hour we can make more money sitting at home?

His arrogance is really making me sick
Yeah, he’s just being a smack. He knows we busted our ass and yes we got paid, and we didn’t ask for more money at that time. We’re asking now which is the appropriate time to do it during negotiations.

Yeah, he’s just being a smack. He knows we busted our ass and yes we got paid, and we didn’t ask for more money at that time. We’re asking now which is the appropriate time to do it during negotiations.
And we are going to get it because we deserve it

I would like the same 60% increase at the shareholders got . Let's start out with that...

And I want to MIP bonus also

Funny thing is, I don’t begrudge them for getting it I actually said they deserved it.
But you can see the attitude they have for us…
I don't care who makes what. Just don't give away all the money and I'll cry poor.
That's not going to happen
Between dividends and stock BuyBacks last year was over 8 billion dollars don't tell me you don't have a couple of nickels to kick out this way.
This isn't home Depot mother :censored2:er

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Well guess what I went to work everyday unlike my management that was able to work from home

You got a lot of balls to say you don't want to take your vacation are you freaking kidding me?

I didn't want all the overtime I didn't have a freaking choice jackass

I don't ever ask for my vacation to be paid out I earned them and I'm taking that time off

You really got some nerve I really hope we go on strike and you can put some browns on and you can go do this crap when it's 95° outside and I hope you drop it dead
Some of us could work from home. We can do that even today. You drive the truck not me.

You are the one who is bent out of shape when you got asked to work instead of taking a vacation. Refer back to original statement.

Overtime is a part of the job, whether you want it or not.

Showing your true colors now, its hot outside yup no doubt about that, you picked the job that requires you to work outside. Fair weather driver only?

Ya, I won't be delivering any packages in August, but if I do it will be from air conditioned rental SUV..suck it measter.

Some of us could work from home. We can do that even today. You drive the truck not me.

You are the one who is bent out of shape when you got asked to work instead of taking a vacation. Refer back to original statement.

Showing your true colors now, its hot outside yup no doubt about that, you picked the job that requires you to work outside. Fair weather driver only?

Ya, I won't be delivering any packages in August, but if I do it will be from air conditioned rental SUV..suck it measter.
65 hours is not part of my job buddy

I'm not on a 9.5 list and if you think people can work 11:00 or 12 hours a day 6 days a week when it's 95° outside

Yeah cool solutions will help me out

And guess what August 1st if we don't have a contract you're fat ass will be out delivering packages or you can retire

MyTripisCut

No budget for rentals per Carol. Gotta save money to pay the Teamsters. Sorry, you’re gonna sweat little fella.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Most analysts say, if we do go on strike, we will probably lose about 30% of our volume which is about 4 million packages a day. Truly, that is concerning granted I don’t argue or dispute The fact that the company made billions of dollars during the pandemic and because of that, we should be able to get some of those profits as well, considering it was done on our backs, not to mention, we gave up a lot of time with our families, and, of course, put our own health at risk, but the problem is going to be, as we are, probably not gonna see those profits anywhere near that due to the fact those profits were all made off of the pandemic, and now that the volume has slowed all delivery companies are struggling, laying people off, and of course, searching for volume. I don’t know what the real answer is other than the fact that maybe they could give us a huge signing bonus with a reasonable cost of living adjustment but eventually we have to top off I mean think about it in five more years from now are we gonna be looking for 60 or $65 an hour we must be reasonable or in the end this company will end up like SEARS & ROBUCK of shipping one last nugget for thought if in the event, the Teamsters are able to successfully unionized Amazon, we will no longer be the big guy on the block and in five years from now will we be yellow freight? I don’t know about you, but I sure enjoy my benefits, I have and very good standard of living, and would hate to lose it all but your truly has to be a points where we top off for 36 years I’ve worked for this job, and every year I received a raise
It's not "most analysts", it's one dudes opinion as to what would happen, and why does everyone always use Sears as the comparison to UPS?

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Cry me a River. You get paid what you get paid because a teamster negotiated a contract for you. And sticking up for part timers to be paid better will only attract and increase the quality of PT employee here. Problem with you is, I know I’m wasting my time. Here’s a “Best of Sissy” list. You’ve been anti PTmer and anti union your entire time on this forum.
That’s some dedication brother. I stand by my comments.