Increasing the Span of Control:Eliminating Managers

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I heard today they are displacing more managers. This will not turn out well. Take gun, aim at foot, pull trigger...then reload and fire again. Unbelievable.

DontThrowPackages

The DRA system, at this location, pretty much has management walking up the belt with their hands in their pockets. Once the sick calls are handled, its a matter of them deciding if the PT'ers will do baseline or not. DRA is a manger.

Dex01

Banned
I heard today they are displacing more managers. This will not turn out well. Take gun, aim at foot, pull trigger...then reload and fire again. Unbelievable.
Where did you hear this? From a co-worker, or was it officially announced? Do you know of any manager that has officially been notified that they have been displaced? If so, what is the new formula they are using to determine how many managers will be allocated to each station?

Rhoderunner

There was a dept. disbanded. Sorry but I don't recall the name but can tell you that dispatch managers and those handling CSA's were targeted. We had a manager in our bldg that was effected. The person was told to find a opening in DGO as ops manager.

Artee

There was a dept. disbanded. Sorry but I don't recall the name but can tell you that dispatch managers and those handling CSA's were targeted. We had a manager in our bldg that was effected. The person was told to find a opening in DGO as ops manager.

Yes...That was the CE Network at was disbanded. It was a waste of money and resources and made no sense. The manager isn't getting canned....his department was eliminated and was told he will have to find another manager job within the company.

bbsam

Staff member
The DRA system, at this location, pretty much has management walking up the belt with their hands in their pockets. Once the sick calls are handled, its a matter of them deciding if the PT'ers will do baseline or not. DRA is a manger.
How is this possible? I thought DRA was a complete failure.

DontThrowPackages

How is this possible? I thought DRA was a complete failure.
Not a compete fail. Yes, it failed drastically at cutting station hours by directing drivers into circles and backtracks. It's nice to see an ATM statement and be surprised, in a good way, at the balance. We have DRA to thank for that. Having paid off two big ticket items, this poster has quieted down about a raise. Sure it'd be nice to have but the OT will do for now.

SmithBarney

And this is different than SRA(non ROADS) how? Our managers now come in after our start time(IF AT ALL!!) leave by 2:30PM everyday. In most cases pretty much packages show up, we sort, we deliver, we pickup, we go home. No manager needed... ;) except to sign time off requests.

yadig

The CE network was originally formed so Express CSA's could "legally" handle Ground packages at counter. I guess Fred got some new law passed to keep the scam going...

code 019 at ur moms

to be honest experienced couriers and dispatch could run the station without interference from anyone from ops or station management. but if your goal is to cut hours and implement DRA, then obviously you need interference like that. and what on earth would happen if couriers ran their own stations? then their opinions and their livelihoods would have to be respected, and that would lead to nightmare situations like topping out, great healthcare, having more people on hand to actually handle sick calls and give people more/flexible vacation, it would be the end of the world as we know it basically. I applaud the shareholders and the board for holding fedex back from the precipice.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
to be honest experienced couriers and dispatch could run the station without interference from anyone from ops or station management. but if your goal is to cut hours and implement DRA, then obviously you need interference like that. and what on earth would happen if couriers ran their own stations? then their opinions and their livelihoods would have to be respected, and that would lead to nightmare situations like topping out, great healthcare, having more people on hand to actually handle sick calls and give people more/flexible vacation, it would be the end of the world as we know it basically. I applaud the shareholders and the board for holding fedex back from the precipice.
Trouble is the company has no respect at all for any employees suggestions even though many of them would be to the benefit of FedEx. Therefore the suggestions are ignored, laughed at or most likely both.

Do you really think that the managers are really running their stations? Nope, Memphis is running the show and poorly at that.