IndyCar, NASCAR 2017

rod

Retired 22 years
Not much of a crowd at the NASCAR race from what I could tell. The bleachers at the NHRA race in Vegas were empty also. Too expensive? Lack of interest?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Not much of a crowd at the NASCAR race from what I could tell. The bleachers at the NHRA race in Vegas were empty also. Too expensive? Lack of interest?

I think ticket prices have a lot to do with that.

But, wait until Pocono and see how full the infield is. Party city, almost as big as Talledega.

tourists24

I think ticket prices have a lot to do with that.

But, wait until Pocono and see how full the infield is. Party city, almost as big as Talledega.
I will be at Talladega this year. I agree also that ticket prices have a lot to do with it. That and a lot of tracks went through a phase of adding a lot of seats and attendance bubbled. Now that things are falling off it looks emptier too

KOG72

I’m full of it
do I detect an old schooler? lol
We use to go all the time when I was little my dad and uncle would load up on Sunday morning head to the track and get tickets for $15.00 to $20.00 a piece and you would be sitting more than halfway up.

Ghost in the Darkness

I route for Logano and Brad K. The constant changes to points is dumb. Davey Allison was my all-time favorite, then he died in a helicopter crash. I have only been a casual fan since then. Liked Kenseth for awhile until he started acting like the other cry babies at JGR... can't stand them guys. Like Talladega, Daytona and Bristol. Generally lose interest when its football season though. Haven't watched Indycar much since they split CART and IRL years ago, but I do watch the Indy 500 every year still and its pole qualifying.

wkmac

The best racing era IMO was the 1960's and 1970's and some what the 1980's. Just not the same once Bill France Jr. was gone and Brian France took over.