IndyCar, NASCAR 2017

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I will be at Talladega this year. I agree also that ticket prices have a lot to do with it. That and a lot of tracks went through a phase of adding a lot of seats and attendance bubbled. Now that things are falling off it looks emptier too
upload_2017-4-15_12-52-54.jpeg

Alternative facts. The crowds are much larger now. Just ask Trump!

Ghost in the Darkness

Bristol was dead on Monday when they raced, even for a rain delayed event. I realize many people had to go back to work but I remember not too long ago when Bristol was a packed house every Cup race.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Bristol was dead on Monday when they raced, even for a rain delayed event. I realize many people had to go back to work but I remember not too long ago when Bristol was a packed house every Cup race.
Attendance has been down at all the race tracks so far this year the big thing will be to see how many empty seats there are at the night race in Bristol.

tourists24

I went to the Talladega race and it was really nice to see the stands full again. Not a sellout but not many open seats. Loved the track and the experience

AsweetGirl

Is No Longer Affiliated With UPS
We had a family member who worked corporate for sprint and always hooked us up with tickets. Wished we could have seen Jr. in Daytona for his last year.

Attachments

• IMG_0787.JPG
    IMG_0787.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 175

AsweetGirl

Is No Longer Affiliated With UPS
Any guesses as to who takes the #10? Kenseth or Kahne? Young gun?[/QUOTE]

Who do you refer to when you say young gun?

I'm just throwing it out there I hope Kyle Larson wins the championship points.

I know Eric Jones will be in the No. 20 (Kenseth's current car)

Alex Bowman will replace Earnhardt in the No. 88 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet.
Too sad but jr won't just disappear from NASCAR all together. I hope he makes guest appearances.

Ryan Blaney will be in Team Penske's third car, the No. 12, as part of a multi-year contract extension.
- I just don't see what they see in him lol.

Paul Menard will replace Blaney in the Wood Brothers Racing No. 21 Ford.

William Byron will take Chase Elliott's car "No. 24" at Hendrick Motorsports, replacing Kasey Kahne.
Elliott will keep his current team and move to the "No. 9" Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet.
I hope I worded that correctly...

As for the free agents:

The Nos. 10 (formerly of Patrick), 27 (Menard), 41 (Kurt Busch), and 77 (Jones) teams are currently without drivers but there are plenty of free agents looking to fill the spots...... haha

Kenseth, Busch, Kahne, Patrick, Almirola, Greg Biffle (didn't race in 2017), and Casey Mears (didn't race Cup in 2017) are all looking for a team next season. Lol

flatbread

Occasional Lurker
Who do you refer to when you say young gun?

Some driver from the Xfinity level.

The 24/5/9 switch shouldn't be too complicated, as the 24 and 5 share the same shop.

My guess is Kenseth for the #10. Kahne apparently indicates now he's thinking of a mixed schedule among NASCAR, IndyCar, and sprint cars, and Stewart-Haas racing says they've selected the driver, if I understand correctly.

flatbread

Occasional Lurker
Josef Newgarden wins the IndyCar championship. Well-deserved, though he's apparently mad he didn't get to win the Sonoma race. Competitive fellow.

Truex wins at Chicagoland.

Darian Grubb taking over as Kasey Kahne's crew chief. TOO LATE.