Injured on job

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Your manager knows about it , you must also have a witness I bet , in the future, fill out a report no matter the injury , the. Dr - manager will deny anything!
@Cosmo is correct !!
It’s anazing how many supes and managers here are medical doctors

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
@Softconcrete , I would go in next shift and tell the manager that medically sat you down for 10 , you were a bit light headed and weren’t thinking clearly that day and you want to fill out a report ,, you were to shaken up that day and wasn’t thinking clearly ,, if he gives you crap , call the local ,, I’m sure your fine but in case headaches show up , you have a paper trail ,, always always report

F

Frankie's Friend

The manager himself said I looked fine so I felt a little intimidated.
41203-Scary-Casket.gif

Looks fine. Nothing to worry about.

You have at least 30 days to file an osha recordable injury.

You reported it. That was good. If you have persistent or reoccurring headaches it could be from a concussion. You can go to your doctor and he will send you for (a CAT scan, etc) tests to see if you have a concussion or bleeding on or in the brain.

Tell them it's been a problem since that injury on the job if that is the truth.

Don't worry about the backlash. They only care about themselves. You are a number and a piece of meat.

Been there 8.5 yrs and havent figured that out yet?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Your manager knows about it , you must also have a witness I bet , in the future, fill out a report no matter the injury , the. Dr - manager will deny anything!
@Cosmo is correct !!

Had a center mgr once who would try and diagnose over the phone

His cure for everything was peptol-bismo

You can’t make this stuff up

@Cosmo is correct !!
You don’t have any state comp laws?

It happened on Tuesday and I feel ok now I just didn’t know if I’m an idiot for not making it a bigger deal. I did talk with management and they said oh your fine
Go get checked out tomorrow. Go in Monday and tell them you saw a doctor on Sunday. Issue solved.

barnyard

KTM rider
You may have had a mild concussion, which you already worked following it, so too late now. At this point, there is really not anything to do about it.

You may have had a mild concussion, which you already worked following it, so too late now. At this point, there is really not anything to do about it.
Why is it too late? Does your state law say once you return to work, you are no longer injured?

barnyard

KTM rider
Concussions, mild or not, are no laughing matter.

I am aware.

The OP ought to do some googling and follow some of the info found. My daughter has had 2 severe concussions and a couple of mild ones. That last was serious enough that her doctor told her to quit racing dirt bikes. It took her 3-4 years of healing before her short term memory issues faded. She she spend weekends in low light and when she was starting to feel better, taught herself to play the guitar. Turns out that learning a musical instrument can help repair many of the connections that concussions disrupt.

barnyard

KTM rider
Why is it too late? Does your state law say once you return to work, you are no longer injured?

Happened on Tuesday, according to the OP. Most states have a reporting time limit. Even if a manager witnessed it, going in Monday and saying, "I want to report the injury from last week." The manager will likely say, "What?? I don't remember any injury from last week."

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I am aware.

The OP ought to do some googling and follow some of the info found. My daughter has had 2 severe concussions and a couple of mild ones. That last was serious enough that her doctor told her to quit racing dirt bikes. It took her 3-4 years of healing before her short term memory issues faded. She she spend weekends in low light and when she was starting to feel better, taught herself to play the guitar. Turns out that learning a musical instrument can help repair many of the connections that concussions disrupt.

I have a nephew who has played soccer his entire life. AYSO, high school and a full ride scholarship for college. Now, he coaches a traveling team.

I never knew until a couple years ago that he sustained 7 or 8 concussions, a few serious. Now, I worry about his future.

Indecisi0n

center manager's are not doctors . My first center manager tricked me for the first three years saying he was cirtified to give me my DOT physical instead of missing work for the test. Everything was going fine until I asked a co-worker why DOT requires a prostate exam .