Injured on job

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Softconcrete, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Covemastah

Covemastah And the Reign Of Terror Continues!! Pats # 6 !!!

Your manager knows about it , you must also have a witness I bet , in the future, fill out a report no matter the injury , the. Dr - manager will deny anything!
    @Cosmo is correct !!
    It’s anazing how many supes and managers here are medical doctors

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

Who says a report needs to be filled out instantly?
    I think you could still fill one out considering you notified your manager immediately after it happened.

3. Covemastah

@Softconcrete , I would go in next shift and tell the manager that medically sat you down for 10 , you were a bit light headed and weren’t thinking clearly that day and you want to fill out a report ,, you were to shaken up that day and wasn’t thinking clearly ,, if he gives you crap , call the local ,, I’m sure your fine but in case headaches show up , you have a paper trail ,, always always report

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Sickofit

Sickofit watching the show

41203-Scary-Casket.gif
    Looks fine. Nothing to worry about.

You have at least 30 days to file an osha recordable injury.

You reported it. That was good. If you have persistent or reoccurring headaches it could be from a concussion. You can go to your doctor and he will send you for (a CAT scan, etc) tests to see if you have a concussion or bleeding on or in the brain.

Tell them it's been a problem since that injury on the job if that is the truth.

Don't worry about the backlash. They only care about themselves. You are a number and a piece of meat.

Been there 8.5 yrs and havent figured that out yet?

5. Covemastah

He was in a daze !!

6. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Had a center mgr once who would try and diagnose over the phone

His cure for everything was peptol-bismo

You can’t make this stuff up

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

You don’t have any state comp laws?

8. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Go get checked out tomorrow. Go in Monday and tell them you saw a doctor on Sunday. Issue solved.

9. Covemastah

Yes we do

10. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

You may have had a mild concussion, which you already worked following it, so too late now. At this point, there is really not anything to do about it.

11. cosmo1

cosmo1 Now, a low life jack wagon, and still loving it. Staff Member

Concussions, mild or not, are no laughing matter.

12. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Why is it too late? Does your state law say once you return to work, you are no longer injured?

13. BakerMayfield2018

BakerMayfield2018 God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

179C040E-FDE4-418C-9520-251DC7F397BE.gif

14. barnyard

I am aware.

The OP ought to do some googling and follow some of the info found. My daughter has had 2 severe concussions and a couple of mild ones. That last was serious enough that her doctor told her to quit racing dirt bikes. It took her 3-4 years of healing before her short term memory issues faded. She she spend weekends in low light and when she was starting to feel better, taught herself to play the guitar. Turns out that learning a musical instrument can help repair many of the connections that concussions disrupt.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  15. barnyard

Happened on Tuesday, according to the OP. Most states have a reporting time limit. Even if a manager witnessed it, going in Monday and saying, "I want to report the injury from last week." The manager will likely say, "What?? I don't remember any injury from last week."

16. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

He reported it right away. I have one year to file a claim. Per state law.

17. barnyard

The law varies by state. RTW states have very little time to report.

18. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

True, but I doubt any state is less than 30 days to file a claim.

19. cosmo1

cosmo1 Now, a low life jack wagon, and still loving it. Staff Member

I have a nephew who has played soccer his entire life. AYSO, high school and a full ride scholarship for college. Now, he coaches a traveling team.

I never knew until a couple years ago that he sustained 7 or 8 concussions, a few serious. Now, I worry about his future.

20. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

center manager's are not doctors . My first center manager tricked me for the first three years saying he was cirtified to give me my DOT physical instead of missing work for the test. Everything was going fine until I asked a co-worker why DOT requires a prostate exam .