Innocent question on how business works.

anonymous23456

I'm going to start with saying "life is not fair and deal with it". OK. With that said, when did we invent the concept of "upper management".

If you are an owner of private business, you can say "I'm paying myself 1 million and the rest of you 50K". That's fair. You put your money on the line and do whatever you want.

For a corporation, the CEO says "I'm paying myself 20 million and the rest of you 50K. The board of directors approved it". Who are these people? Did they put the money on the line and started this business? No. So who are the owners? Mostly 401K and some big investors? No one is accountable?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'm going to start with saying "life is not fair and deal with it". OK. With that said, when did we invent the concept of "upper management".

If you are an owner of private business, you can say "I'm paying myself 1 million and the rest of you 50K". That's fair. You put your money on the line and do whatever you want.

For a corporation, the CEO says "I'm paying myself 20 million and the rest of you 50K. The board of directors approved it". Who are these people? Did they put the money on the line and started this business? No. So who are the owners? Mostly 401K and some big investors? No one is accountable?

The board of directors are generally shareholders, and are selected by the shareholders.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Jan 6 committee coming down hard on your boy
You watching this DIDO got a bad feeling Orangeman going down
Repubs could have participated they chose not to
20221215_215038.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Jan 6 committee coming down hard on your boy
A 1,000 page report, most will only read the headlines.
Meanwhile GOP 'shadow group' has focused its attention on the actions of Capitol Police's 'negligence,' trying to give an alternative narrative for the 2021 attack on the Capitol building.

Yolo

Most of the people at the top were born at the top. CEOs rarely work their way up from the mail room to the board room. They started in the board room. Their daddy was a CEO of some fortune 500 company. He makes some calls and daddy's little boy is on the board of UPS. It's all one big circle jerk and you are not invited.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Most of the people at the top were born at the top. CEOs rarely work their way up from the mail room to the board room. They started in the board room. Their daddy was a CEO of some fortune 500 company. He makes some calls and daddy's little boy is on the board of UPS. It's all one big circle jerk and you are not invited.
Don’t forget free office lunch with the corporate card everyday
🧔‍♂️✊

JL 0513

99.9% of CEOs are the 1st in their family. Try again.

JL 0513

CEO's make what they make because companies have to compete for the limited amount of people that have what it takes to run a major corporation. Not because the work itself is worth 10's of millions a year. Just like the best pro athletes aren't worth $20-$50M a year to play a game, but there's so few of the best that teams pay what it takes to acquire them.