Integrating FedEx Express into Ground

FedupExpress

I put in my 1 week notice today, my manager said that I will be unhireable now because I couldn't give the extra week because of start date lol

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The ones that stay open will be doing both.
Exactly.

There's an upcoming launch where they will be using both Ground and Express facilities in a larger market and splitting zips between them. The Express facility will handle all the freight in some zips while the Ground facility will handle all the freight in the other zips. It's another way to reduce overlap.

Guys like Maka will say that this just shows that they don't know what they're doing but this has been a component of Network 2.0/DRIVE from the start. This was never a one size fits all process and imagine his whining if it was.

El Morado Diablo

Exactly.

There's an upcoming launch where they will be using both Ground and Express facilities in a larger market and splitting zips between them. The Express facility will handle all the freight in some zips while the Ground facility will handle all the freight in the other zips. It's another way to reduce overlap.

Guys like Maka will say that this just shows that they don't know what they're doing but this has been a component of Network 2.0/DRIVE from the start. This was never a one size fits all process and imagine his whining if it was.

Recruitment is going to be extra busy in those locations. When they start splitting zips and people lose their current routes they are going to quit. Not to mention having to deliver all the heavy stuff Ground has been lugging for years.

MAKAVELI

Exactly.

Yeah, you're full of 💩. It was never part of the plan from the beginning.

FedupExpress

Exactly.

One of the scumbag hddi guys said that June 1st our station will receive 10k more packages a day... I call bs
Where are they going to pull them from ground?

I've learned that FedEx is full of lies and corruption like a South American government.

yadig

Absolutely. It goes out in the AM with the other cans to all the stations. I believe they are averaging 2-3 positions at this time. Was a little more a year ago. We drop the trailer off, they unload it, and we pick up the trailer

Exactly.

Hybrid model? This is gonna get interesting. What I’m hearing is this change is gonna be good for the company/shareholders not so good for the employees/contractors.

bacha29

One of the scumbag hddi guys said that June 1st our station will receive 10k more packages a day... I call bs
Where are they going to pull them from ground?

I've learned that FedEx is full of lies and corruption like a South American government.
10k per day but will the personnel at the station still be Express division employees ? Or will they simply be tossed over to Ground contractors and suddenly find themselves on the contractors payroll at lower pay and little to no benefits?

As you guys can already see or at least those who choose to see the entire objective is another , "do something...anything" to create a dramatic and immediate improvement in earnings and nobody's going to get in the way no matter how dedicated or productive their past performance may have been.

With clearly nothing to look forward to now many Express employees and Ground contractors may come to discover to their regret that they've stayed too long.

Face it. As a publicly traded but institutional investor controlled non union company it can simply do whatever it damn well pleases. But don't despair. One of these days the market share will begin dropping significantly because boxes aren't getting where they're supposed to go to and when they're supposed to get there due to a severe labor shortage one the company thanks to it's reputation within the blue collar labor community of being a bad place to work.....itself created.

Spam

Recruitment is going to be extra busy in those locations. When they start splitting zips and people lose their current routes they are going to quit. Not to mention having to deliver all the heavy stuff Ground has been lugging for years.
It’s real simple, do you want a job or not, so what if you lose your area. Old timers will retire, and that’s what they want.

Artee

Exactly.

All new trucks coming in to Express around here are going to W1000 and W1200. Express is going back it its roots and the days of driving around in a mini Grumman or Sprinter with letters and small boxes are coming to a close. Anyone with 25+ years with Express will remember all the big bulky stuff we used to do before all of that being shoved over to Ground. Its coming back.

bacha29

All new trucks coming in to Express around here are going to W1000 and W1200. Express is going back it its roots and the days of driving around in a mini Grumman or Sprinter with letters and small boxes are coming to a close. Anyone with 25+ years with Express will remember all the big bulky stuff we used to do before all of that being shoved over to Ground. Its coming back.
Do you not understand that only a very small percentage of Express employees will be retained following the consolidation of operations?.....The rest will be contractor employed Ground grunts if they choose to accept the employment.
It goes something like this between manager and the soon to be among the departed Express driver:

Manager: "Congratulations! You see that guy standing over there? His name is Simon Legree . He's the Ground contractor and
your new owner/employer. He's a very nice person. I'm sure you'll like him".

Driver: "But I've worked for this company for 21 years did everything that was asked of me and I never missed a day's work! This
guy only pays half as much and zero benefits"!

Manager: "That's WHY you work for him now.....But that don't concern me none just as long as I get my bonus check next Friday".

zeev

FedEx could go the Amazon route where they own the trucks and the contractor just provides the labor or something like that.