Integrating FedEx Express into Ground

MassWineGuy

I wasn’t there, but the SM discussed (or just orated) the consolidation at a meeting with AM drivers. Apparently, we will remain a “legacy” station with few if any changes, at least for 10 minutes or so. If that lasts a couple of years, I’ll be fine. Of course, I take everything with a pound of salt.

We’ll all be called FedEx One, though. What will the uniforms look like?

Artee

Do you not understand that only a very small percentage of Express employees will be retained following the consolidation of operations?.....The rest will be contractor employed Ground grunts if they choose to accept the employment.
It goes something like this between manager and the soon to be among the departed Express driver:

Manager: "Congratulations! You see that guy standing over there? His name is Simon Legree . He's the Ground contractor and
your new owner/employer. He's a very nice person. I'm sure you'll like him".

Driver: "But I've worked for this company for 21 years did everything that was asked of me and I never missed a day's work! This
guy only pays half as much and zero benefits"!

Manager: "That's WHY you work for him now.....But that don't concern me none just as long as I get my bonus check next Friday".
Do you not understand that you are wrong? Its going to be a much larger percentage of Express employees sticking around than you think. Very very very few Express employees from stations that have been closed have gone to work for a ground contractor. People do not go backwards in life and working for a vast vast majority of ground contractors would be a large step backwards.

You are not Mr. FedEx are you? Your little stories and delusional ideas are starting to make me believe you are his Alt.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yeah, you're full of 💩. It was never part of the plan from the beginning.
LOL, ok. If anyone would know, it's you.

Anyways, it was one of the components. There are several. I told you when this was first announced that Ground would take all the freight in areas where it made sense for them to do so, and Express would do the same.

Why don't you try something new instead of just trying to be the guy who always disagrees and has to has to have an answer for everything? Why not think?

Last edited:

59 Dano

Do you not understand that you are wrong? Its going to be a much larger percentage of Express employees sticking around than you think. Very very very few Express employees from stations that have been closed have gone to work for a ground contractor. People do not go backwards in life and working for a vast vast majority of ground contractors would be a large step backwards.

You are not Mr. FedEx are you? Your little stories and delusional ideas are starting to make me believe you are his Alt.
MF and his alts died in the first week of July. They were posting like crazy and then they stopped all at once.

MAKAVELI

LOL, ok. If anyone would know, it's you.

Anyways, it was one of the components. There are several. I told you when this was first announced that Ground would take all the freight in areas where it made sense for them to do so, and Express would do the same.

Why don't you try something new instead of just trying to be the guy who always disagrees and has to has to have an answer for everything? Why not think?
It only makes sense in PM areas and even then it's a crapshoot. FedEx is backtracking because they are finding out the hard way that the contractor model is limited in what it does and not the long term solution for a combined network.

bacha29

"What A Fool Believes".....The Doobie Brothers

MAKAVELI

"What A Fool Believes".....The Doobie Brothers
He's right. The majority of Express drivers won't be jumping over to Ground. They know the grass is dead on the ground side and plenty of opportunities that are better than working for a contractor at ground.

Gone fishin

He's right. The majority of Express drivers won't be jumping over to Ground. They know the grass is dead on the ground side and plenty of opportunities that are better than working for a contractor at ground.
None of ours. Stay around for the severance and unemployment if needed. Younger people don’t make that much, most just think we do

bacha29

It only makes sense in PM areas and even then it's a crapshoot. FedEx is backtracking because they are finding out the hard way that the contractor model is limited in what it does and not the long term solution for a combined network.
Spot on! Success will depend on how many transient workers Ground contractors can round up on a given day.
If you recall Raj the Jackal bragged about his so called...."high contracting standards".....Going to be a pretty tall order meeting high contracting standards when you've got low employment standards as evidenced by the low pay standards upon which the new "Fedex One is banking it's entire success.

bacha29

I never said that a large number would, What I'm talking about is what would appear to be a significant number of Xpress drivers who believe that this is all a bad dream and when they wake up they'll discover that some other Express driver/employee's life has been upended not theirs.

Remember what was mentioned a couple of weeks ago?. Reportedly a couple of Express manager's are alleged to have expressed their hope that they will be given the opportunity to become route contractors/ franchisees taking over what were once company owned Express routes. You know damn well that if the opportunity presented itself they would do it with the dumb assumption that the drivers who ran those routes would stay on the job for less money.

I've seen that sort of thing before. Store managers become franchisees and franchise fees they have to pay comes out of the employees who agree to stay and work for less money. A few stayed out of loyalty along with being led to believe that they couldn't do better for themselves someplace else.

MAKAVELI

I never said that a large number would, What I'm talking about is what would appear to be a significant number of Xpress drivers who believe that this is all a bad dream and when they wake up they'll discover that some other Express driver/employee's life has been upended not theirs.

Remember what was mentioned a couple of weeks ago?. Reportedly a couple of Express manager's are alleged to have expressed their hope that they will be given the opportunity to become route contractors/ franchisees taking over what were once company owned Express routes. You know damn well that if the opportunity presented itself they would do it with the dumb assumption that the drivers who ran those routes would stay on the job for less money.

I've seen that sort of thing before. Store managers become franchisees and franchise fees they have to pay comes out of the employees who agree to stay and work for less money. A few stayed out of loyalty along with being led to believe that they couldn't do better for themselves someplace else.
Any manager jumping on an opportunity to be a contractor hasn't been with the company very long. There seems to be a lot of green ops managers in the Express OPCO presently. Most have no clue as to what they are doing and no clue as to what they signed up for to become a manager.

FedupExpress

Screw them. I’d say OK, a half a week now.
They ended up revoking the whole "unhireable" status, I am content not because I want to return but because I did give a lot for this company.

There's no reason to burn me over 1 week and a start date I had no control over.

Spam

A bad dream would be waking up and being you🫵🏻🤯

bacha29

A bad dream would be waking up and being you🫵🏻🤯
I see that all you have left are personal attacks. But that's fine Why? Because right now if you work for that company regardless of the OPCO you work for....you're fate is in someone else's hands.

59 Dano

How are they backtracking by doing what they said they'd do?